Elephants with the largest tusks

No offence taken NH. I am not the elephant expert, I have never even hunted one. Listen to IvW, he will point you in the right direction.
Do you intend to use a double rifle? Here on AH we like to get involved in the preparation and excitement of the whole hunt experience, so we ask such questions!

8D07F42B-4CC3-4D1A-AD24-F8F21574C081.jpeg
39FD0094-5482-40AF-8F96-E19B3A3CA33B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
plan to use this Merkel DB 470 NE or a Ruger no.1 in 450-400 NE

plan to use this Merkel DB 470 NE or a Ruger no.1 in 450-400 NE
I am not the expert as I said, but I think you will get a lot of thunbs up for the double, and the guys will caution against the single shot - lets see.

'Saw one on business in NYC just the other day. Bronx, NY. 101 lb'er. Parking permit fees are STEEP!

They say you'll walk a mile per pound of ivory. Are you prepared to walk 200 miles? ;) It will take time, money and hard work. Good Luck! Agreed on NE Namib/Bots border and have seen some giants on the Zim/Moz border, and did hear about a few monsters near Kruger from friends that got two respectable ones a couple years back. The borders of all countries named above are so close together at points, it seems the mighty Zambezi grows big game, although likewise for the Okavango and Chobe. I bet China has a pile! ;)

Gonna be an interesting one.....already passed up a mid 60 pounder on day 3 of 14.....I recon he will walk away with a 70lb plus bull....

IvW is steering you correctly, Botswana is where you want to go for a proper hunt and a good elephant. I have two close friends hunting there (PH’s). The photos they are sending out are unreal.

IvW is steering you correctly, Botswana is where you want to go for a proper hunt and a good elephant. I have two close friends hunting there (PH’s). The photos they are sending out are unreal.

Would love to hunt elephants in Botswana, but right now it's a little over my budget $$ for this hunt. Maybe late in the season it is possible to get a good offer on an unsold tag.

Hoe did you manage doing a legal PAC elephant hunt in Zim? Seeing as you are from BC Canada?
that's ok, at the PAC hunt which was offered to me legally (before Corona) on elephant in ZIMB it was excluded to take the ivory.And generally no tusker (trophy animal) allowed.

A South African PH, a friend of mine, has permits for Ele in Botswana , 70 pound per tusk . To be taken before 21-09-2021. 42.000$ for ten days

that's ok, at the PAC hunt which was offered to me legally (before Corona) on elephant in ZIMB it was excluded to take the ivory.And generally no tusker (trophy animal) allowed.
How do you get offered a legal PAC elephant in Zim?? Tusks excluded or not?
No throphy allowed?? How is that defined?? If it is a tusker making trouble it can still be a PAC animal??

Gonna be an interesting one.....already passed up a mid 60 pounder on day 3 of 14.....I recon he will walk away with a 70lb plus bull....
Told you so......76 and 69 lbs respectably...great elephant....

How do you get offered a legal PAC elephant in Zim?? Tusks excluded or not?
No throphy allowed?? How is that defined?? If it is a tusker making trouble it can still be a PAC animal??
simply about my PH in Dete
How shoulds be defined if no trophies or only small ones are on it.
Clear, also tusker marauding
Deal was not a trophy elephant if that is there
With a bit of connections absolutely no witchcraft to appear legally there.
Also costs money they need .

Fact still remains it is illegal for a foreigner to be charged or offered to hunt a PAC elephant...simple

Reactions: AES
Fact still remains it is illegal for a foreigner to be charged or offered to hunt a PAC elephant...simple
Do you seriously believe that the chairman of the local conservancy and the PH risk their reputation and licenses and let a hunter travel from Munich to work illegally on elephants there ?
My tip is truly not so lavish that it is worth it for them.

yes I do the law is clear no PAC hunts can be done by foreigners, that is the law....

You show me how you can do a LEGAL PAC elephant hunt in Zim....as a foreigner from Munich....many advertise it many do it under the table but legal it is not....

I hunt 3-10 PAC Elephant every year in RSA, here same, local hunter with relevant permit in hand guided by a suitably qualified DG PH can hunt such an elephant, or the land owner can have a suitably qualified PH hunt the elephant again with the correct permit in hand....no foreigner can legally hunt such an elephant....can I get a foreigner to hunt such an elephant with me? Can I charge him a fee to do so? Yes of course I can...is it LEGAL no it is not....simple like that,....

My title on this thread does not refer to shooting the biggest elephant! It's just to learn more about where the big elephants are. I want first and foremost to hunt an elephant with my feet, and if i’ am lucky to shoot an elephant of 45-60 pounds I will be very happy. Sorry if I offended you in any way. To learn, one must dare to ask.
It's your hunt, and you should do what makes you happy. Best of luck on getting the largest elephant you can. Can't wait to hear about it. Dream come true.

You show me how you can do a LEGAL PAC elephant hunt in Zim....as a foreigner from Munich....many advertise it many do it under the table but legal it is not....

I hunt 3-10 PAC Elephant every year in RSA, here same, local hunter with relevant permit in hand guided by a suitably qualified DG PH can hunt such an elephant, or the land owner can have a suitably qualified PH hunt the elephant again with the correct permit in hand....no foreigner can legally hunt such an elephant....can I get a foreigner to hunt such an elephant with me? Can I charge him a fee to do so? Yes of course I can...is it LEGAL no it is not....simple like that,....
Maybe PAC was incorrect wording, TR2 was completed, export and import CITES was completed for parts, not tusks I have replicas. Also year was before any dates you posted.

I am not here to start any pissing contest. I replied to OPs question with an alternate option to largest elephant.

MB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg