Elephant imports now allowed from Zimbabwe & Zambia

I don't think we'll have a full grasp on what pricing will do until show season this winter. Yes, some have already advertised for next year (2018). And in researching the pricing between 2017 vs. 2018, there has been an increase, but not much in the grand scheme.

If I had the money & time, I'd be booking a trip to hunt with Nixon & Simon in Gonarezhou. A true chance at an 70 lb. - 80lb. bull for all in under $40k.....You can't beat that with a hedge post!!!!

As an aside, last August on the way back from RSA I sat next to a gentleman who had been buff hunting with Nixon & Simon in Gonarezhou. He saw the replicas of the 120+ pounder taken in 2015; said they would blow your mind when seen in person.

My local newspaper asked my thoughts on the lifting of the ban. They posted the story on their Facebook page and I am getting hammered. A few want me dead and many have called some very colorful names. Below is the link if any of you are inclined to join in the fray and respond to comments.

https://www.facebook.com/bango...ts/10154958203925796

This is what we are up against, those are just regular folks that know nothing and care nothing about game management, here or anywhere. They would literally rather see us dead than one ele or lion or whatever, they really would. They only know an emotional response to things and have no interest in learning. Now that we know that the lifting of the ban is on hold and probably wont be lifted in the near future, perhaps these anti's can have a few snowflakes with their granola cereal with fake milk and calm down a bit.

My local newspaper asked my thoughts on the lifting of the ban. They posted the story on their Facebook page and I am getting hammered. A few want me dead and many have called some very colorful names. Below is the link if any of you are inclined to join in the fray and respond to comments.

https://www.facebook.com/bango...ts/10154958203925796

I've made a couple of comments to people who at least seek to be asking real questions or that aren't educated. Will go back later and make some more.

I will also be curious to see if anyone comments on the tusks in my profile pic on FB.

This is what we are up against, those are just regular folks that know nothing and care nothing about game management, here or anywhere. They would literally rather see us dead than one ele or lion or whatever, they really would. They only know an emotional response to things and have no interest in learning. Now that we know that the lifting of the ban is on hold and probably wont be lifted in the near future, perhaps these anti's can have a few snowflakes with their granola cereal with fake milk and calm down a bit.

There were a couple of people on the page that literally said that they understood the science and the positive impact but just wouldn't accept it because they didn't like it . :confused:

I've made a couple of comments to people who at least seek to be asking real questions or that aren't educated. Will go back later and make some more.

I will also be curious to see if anyone comments on the tusks in my profile pic on FB.
Jumping into the deep end with the tusk photo. Keep your head down.

There were a couple of people on the page that literally said that they understood the science and the positive impact but just wouldn't accept it because they didn't like it . :confused:
You cannot argue against emotions.

Hey Guys, A big thank you. Some of the comments made by you and others has turned one from the dark side. I got an e-mail from someone the commented negatively and then decided to look deeper after reading some of the follow-up comments.
"The comments replying to my negative one caused me to read more in depth. Perhaps I have been wrong."

Hey Guys, A big thank you. Some of the comments made by you and others has turned one from the dark side. I got an e-mail from someone the commented negatively and then decided to look deeper after reading some of the follow-up comments.
"The comments replying to my negative one caused me to read more in depth. Perhaps I have been wrong."

In my opinion, rather than list a specific beast or even plant or tree as 'endangered' or 'threatened', one of the smartest things the U.S. could do would be to certify [or refuse to certify] the conservation departments of the various hunting nations. If a nation is certified to have a strong and intelligent program--with full consideration of the population status of the various species--that nation's opinion and law should be accepted by the U.S. Conversely, if U.S. regulators determined that a 'foreign' game conservation department is incompetent--permitting plants and animals to be taken without adequate consideration as to renewability--that Department would remain uncertified and determinations would then be made by the U.S.

For example: My belief is that Canada, Germany and Sweden, amongst a number of others, are perfectly competent to make its own rules and regulations in regards to its various species. It appears to me to be arrogant and autocratic for a clerk 'working' in some back office of the Interior Department to decide that--again, for example--it be illegal for someone to import a Canadian legal Woods Bison into the U.S. Of course, 'arrogant' is possibly the wrong word. Obviously individual determinations by U.S. bureaucrats keeps a lot of people on the payroll.

Conversely, if the Conservation Department is basically nonexistent or corrupt, U.S. authorities would need to make determinations on a one-by-one basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg