Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
MATETSI UNIT ONE, ZIMBABWE are offering five Trophy Bull Elephants in their 2021 season.

12 days hunting @ $1,000/day
Trophy Fee - $15,000
Excludes Govt and CITES levies and VAT

MATETSI UNIT ONE is situated one hour from the famous Victoria Falls and provides Classic free-range, no fences, wild Africa safaris to discerning hunters.

IMG-20190517-WA0005.jpg

Pondoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Namibia and Botswana
What kind of trophies can be expected here..?

Tromberg Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
What kind of trophies can be expected here..?
Hi Pondoro

The average of all the Elephant hunted in Matetsi Safari Area in 2019 was just over 40 lbs. Our average is a bit higher but I prefer not to create any wrong expectations. The Elephant in the picture was 52 lbs

Last edited by a moderator:

Tromberg Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
IVW

As neighbours we work closely with Unit 5 and Martin Pieters runs a great outfit there. I dont know why you might think differently but this elephant was indeed shot in Unit One

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
A few years back I shot a 55 pounder in Unit 2 . . . All the units are contiguous I think, so the elephant roam where they please.

Tromberg Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
Hank2211

The Matetsi Units are all unfenced and contiguous with Hwange National Park to the South, Botswana to the West and extend up to the Zambezi River in the North.

Hank, the biggest elephant shot in Matetsi over the last 3 years was 62lb but these are the exceptions.

However, when offering hunts I never want to create an expectation that we can't fulfill. I prefer to use the actual averages as recorded from all the Units.

Hope to see you back here one day!

IvW

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
IVW

As neighbours we work closely with Unit 5 and Martin Pieters runs a great outfit there. I dont know why you might think differently but this elephant was indeed shot in Unit One
Was posted as such with unit 5, Feb 8 2019, judging from the vegetation probably shot late season 2018 or very early 2019.

Gets confusing when the same picture of the same elephant is posted by different outfitters hunting different blocks.

Matetsi is a great hunting area and a true African hunting experience.

Hank2211

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
Hank2211

The Matetsi Units are all unfenced and contiguous with Hwange National Park to the South, Botswana to the West and extend up to the Zambezi River in the North.

Hank, the biggest elephant shot in Matetsi over the last 3 years was 62lb but these are the exceptions.

However, when offering hunts I never want to create an expectation that we can't fulfill. I prefer to use the actual averages as recorded from all the Units.

Hope to see you back here one day!
That is a wise policy. I recall my Ph had told me to expect something with a 4 in front of it. On our third day of a 21 day hunt we found an elephant and got close over a few hours. He whispered to me that since it was early, we could wait . . . I asked his estimate of the weight and he said ‘50 pounds or maybe a bit more.” I said well then, why wait? And now I have a great trophy!

I look forward to hunting Matetsi again - the area is vast, wild and beautiful.

Tromberg Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2019
AH senior member
Reaction score
Website
www.mabalengwe.net
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SOAZ
full

rinehart0050

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, South Africa (NWP, Limpopo, Eastern Cape); USA (NE, NC, MD, AZ, TX)
Great offer! Looking forward to hearing how these hunts go!

Max Lund

Reaction score
IVW

Seems IVW was indeed correct. This same bull was posted as shot in unit, 5 posted on 8 Feb 2018. Indeed, do clarify?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tonja21C96

Latest profile posts

RicardoT wrote on Jan007's profile.
Hallo , ek stel belang as die 375 steeds beskikbaar is 083 511 9921
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.