Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
safari club,nra,d.s.c.
Hunted
south africa and zimbabwe.alaska and several lower 48 states.
Here are pics of our Elephant hair bracelets, please share yours.

IMG_0220.JPG
IMG_0221.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@edward Thanks for starting this thread! (y) Very nice. Are they made from your Elephant? A sort of trophy that you can wear on your wrist.

Really looking forward to seeing others.

Neat thread Edward.

Yours are nice and thick. Like the one with four knots!

Last edited:
@edward Thanks for starting this thread! (y) Very nice. Are they made from your Elephant? A sort of trophy that you can wear on your wrist.

Really looking forward to seeing others.
yes jerome,from our elephant we got in zim in 2011.

elephant-hair-bracelet.png

Elephant hair and elephant sole bracelets.

IMG_3678.JPG

Small bracelet on left is one I wore as a kid.

IMG_3680.JPG

Future bracelets?

IMG_3679.JPG

The Elephant hair bracelet started being popular in the early 1970's. I believe that the French jeweler Bry & Co made the first ones as high end jewelry pieces and followed by some of the finest jewelry houses in Europe like Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels. American jewelry house Tiffany & Co. also made some.

Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy
bracelet-poil-elephant-nicolas-sarkozy.png

French Actor Alain Delon
bracelet-poil-elephant-alain-delon.jpg

Actor Bruce Lee
elephant-hair-bracelet-bruce-lee.jpg

Last edited:
The Elephant hair bracelet started being popular in the early 1970's. I believe that the French jeweler Bry & Co made the first ones as high end jewelry pieces and followed by some of the finest jewelry houses in Europe like Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels. American jewelry house Tiffany & Co. also made some.

Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy
View attachment 161901

French Actor Alain Delon
View attachment 161900

Actor Bruce Lee
View attachment 161902

It interesting that they became popular. Then the material changed from elephant hair to plastic, gold, etc

They used to be readily available in curio shops throughout East Africa including the airports. As I recall, prices were well under a dollar each.

Also really like the sole bracelet! These have become very popular amongst Big Game PHs in more recent years. Thanks for sharing @Wheels.

Agree. You see a lot of them around DSC.

The sole bracelet has a poor odor for a few months. Brought them back for my wife and daughter. They weren't impressed. :oops:

Very cool, thanks for sharing @edward ! I don't have any of my own to share, maybe one day!

@edward good thread. I will post pictures of mine when I get home!

Agree. You see a lot of them around DSC.

The sole bracelet has a poor odor for a few months. Brought them back for my wife and daughter. They weren't impressed. :oops:
hey,you tried.

Quite pricey but Patrick Mavros from Zimbabwe makes some nice Elephant hair style bracelets in silver and gold for men and women.

543-405_elephant-hair-bangle-mens-gold-single_main.jpg
543-405_elephant-hair-bangle-mens-single_main.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 8.26.25 PM.png
ladies-2016-02334.jpg

Last edited:
but really,they are not the real thing.elephant hair is.you have to cut the tail off your self to really love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SibylLasse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,