Elephant Charge

Almost cleansed the gene pool.:whistle:

Lot of smiles and laughter there. Do you think those people had any idea what just happened or did they think that was just part of the daily show?

Lot of smiles and laughter there. Do you think those people had any idea what just happened or did they think that was just part of the daily show?

They were clueless as to what could have happened but then again two professionals with rifles may well have stopped a real charge.

I thought it interesting how the PH only levels his rifle at the end, but then relaxes as soon as the elephant paused. A very measured response. Cool.

"An elephant never forgets."
I'll bet that one has seen hunters and knew what the boom stick can do.

I’m guessing the daily laundry service was called into action for a few of those clients!

Looks to be in the Kruger park on one of their foot safaris.

Cool head by the Guide. He reassures the group when the bull first senses their presence. Luckily nobody decided to run. The bull is not in musth and never really shows any signs of being serious about pushing through the charge. Head up, ears out, trunk not curl up, kicking up dust with his front feet and the squeal he gives also indicates his unsureness with the situation. The guides kept their cool and handled the situation very well allowing the elephant the benefit of the doubt and he pushes off. The guide could have lifted the rifle above his head instead of aiming at the bull.

Great experience for the tourists.

Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you