Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe, Zambia, and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
Most of my gun purchases are hunting related and I view most of my guns as tools and I buy them for a specific purpose, rarely caring about looks, but simply function for the intended purpose - hunting, self defense, etc...

That being said, the day after the 2012 election I ordered an AK-47 knock off. I had always wanted one and figured if I didn't order then maybe I wouldn't be able to, or at the very least the prices would go up, which they of course did for a while. It's been a fun toy and I've enjoyed it. For me though, it has just been a toy. It isn't the one weapon I'd grab out of the safe in the case of SHTF anarchy, nor will I ever hunt with it.

So I'm thinking about doing the same thing again as a celebration this time. Something that is just fun and different and not something I'd normally purchase.

This time I'm kicking around the idea of a couple of different shotguns as candidates:

Keltec KSG

kel-tec-shootgun-500x500.jpg

Serbu Shorty

supershorty.jpg

Anyone else planning to buy a gun for fun or otherwise to celebrate the election win?

Attachments

• kel-tec-shootgun-500x500.jpg
    kel-tec-shootgun-500x500.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 118
  • supershorty.jpg
    supershorty.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 112
Wish I could afford some more guns, but no can do.

That Serbu shorty looks like a handful. Wonder if it holds the mag loads?

Wish I could afford some more guns, but no can do.

That Serbu shorty looks like a handful. Wonder if it holds the mag loads?

It will take 3 inch loads, which would be perfect for pumpkins. :A Banana Sad:

It will take 3 inch loads, which would be perfect for pumpkins. :A Banana Sad:

Hickok45 killing pumpkins is a great pre-game video for high school football playoffs:P Cowboy:

Keltec all the way bro

That Serbu would fit perfectly between the front seat of my truck and console though. :)

And besides, I don't have a door breaching gun and the Serbu would fit the bill perfectly.

So the Serbu breaches the door and the Keltec clears the room. Plan!!!

Whats the price for the shorty?

$1050 for the Rem model, I think the Mossberg is slightly less. Then there is the $5 AOW tax. :rolleyes:

So the Serbu breaches the door and the Keltec clears the room. Plan!!!

Now to figure out how to explain that to the wife. :eek: :oops:

That Serbu would fit perfectly between the front seat of my truck and console though. :)

And besides, I don't have a door breaching gun and the Serbu would fit the bill perfectly.
Keltec will do the same, I'll be glad to show you how next time you are here.

Keltec will do the same, I'll be glad to show you how next time you are here.

Won't Brandi be pissed if we take out the front door ? :eek:

Won't Brandi be pissed if we take out the front door ? :eek:
after being married to me for 17 years I don't think much phases her anymore.

Hell Royal, I celebrate my 2A freedom a couple times a month! Lol
I've shot both, Kel-tec is much more practical. I used to carry a serbu SS during cash only auctions when I helped my friend out, I never felt undergunned with the SS and my Les Baer under my coat! Both are fun guns to play with but the KSG would be a very effective clearing gun if needed. You never know what may go bump in the night, a bunch of OOBuck usually will make it quit!

Well I had a pre election celebration myself, I bought a WWII Lebel rifle. No not a tac gun but I have a safe full of 14 years of being a cop worth of tac guns. I wanted to expand on my WWII collection.
Now that being said I have had my eye on a hog destroying 50 Beowolf upper. I just gotta get some funds goin.
Think a fund me gun account would work?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For the price of a cup of coffee, you can make a real difference of the hogs life on the Rockin G Ranch. With your generous donation we will include a picture of @gizmo and a personal letter thanking you for his Beowolf firepower.

image.jpeg

For the price of a cup of coffee, you can make a real difference of the hogs life on the Rockin G Ranch. With your generous donation we will include a picture of @gizmo and a personal letter thanking you for his Beowolf firepower.

View attachment 163164
Dude you are soooooo hired as my PR guy.

If just 1200 people would donate $1 that's all it takes to make a difference in the life of a fellow outdoorsman. :D

View attachment 163164

I was reaching for my wallet, until I realized a picture would be included. :A Banana Sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois