NamHunter

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Rowland Ward Guild, SA Hunters Association,
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana
46 6/8" Cape Eland Shoulder Mount by Casper's Taxidermy, Grootfontein, Namibia.

Eland Trofee 049.jpg
Eland Trofee 012.jpg
Eland Trofee 019.jpg
Eland Trofee 026.jpg
Eland Trofee 035.jpg
Eland Trofee 001.jpg
Eland Trofee 010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on people please give your thoughts about his work?

Grootfontein area in Namibia was the hunting place and was taken June 2011 by a lucky SA Hunter

A bull like that...'Luck' was in play for sure - awesome!

For sure, and it was on a normal open cattle farm, so they come and go as they like, so really very very good luck!

Great trophy

The mount is good i just do not know where i would put one...my house is not big enough...

hahaha i agree its freekin huuuuge! but a trophy like this ill always make space for in my house hehehe wouldnt mind really....

He looks great!

Hi all, have a look at the link below from youtube, its the hunting video of the new record eland,enjoy!
Give some feedback what you guys think please.

hope you all enjoyed the vid

A fine animal, but its a slide show, not a video.

NamHunter, are you sure the horns won't go into the book as deformed since that long horns is a bit off centre and that made the bull use only his one horn instead when breaking branches ? Just goes to show you how those horns can grow when they don't overuse them hey.

nope not deformed, its already in the book registered, he probably hurt his horn when he was young, thus it bending back a bit more, as far as n know alot of the top 10 trophies has one long long horn and one short, look at the kudu taken this year, one horn 72 1/2" other one mid to early 60", with the long hornest horn bending back.
and why is it abnormal, its naturally developed so they (RW) measure the longest horn bent or not.

Great to hear as I have no idea what constitutes deformed in RW eyes.

Photos of trophy animals are deceptive, but this look like a good job on a tremendous trophy!

My son and I took two great eland this last trip.I was wondering if any one has some pic's of there mounts to share.I have some ideas on how I want to have then done but never hurts to look and get some more ideas.
May do a double ped. mount of the two eland together or do single ped. mounts and make it the start of our spiral slam mounts.
Going to use relive taxidermist to do mounts and like the detail he puts in his eland.Just looking for idea on poses really.

Thanks Billc

watermark.php

Here's mine. Forgive the lighting and the worse cell phone pic. Photo doesn't do it justice, the light isn't as harsh as it appears, but you get the idea. I had to do a pedestal because my "trophy room" is in one part of my basement and the ceilings are 8'. I do like pedestal mounts though.

1403226128681.jpg

Last edited:
Well this isn't the greatest pic but hopefully you can get the idea. If you can imagine where my son's left leg is, there is a flat spot on what would be the eland's right shoulder working back to the rib case. This is what will be in contact with the wall. So it's a bit of a profile mount with the head turning towards you from the wall. I like these mounts as you don't have this gargantuan animal sticking out of the wall at you, which is handy if you don't have a huge trophy room.

image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warren03T

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross