Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Republic of CongoNamibia, Kyrgyzstan(2) South Africa(4) New Zealand Zambia(2)
My son and I are at a buying show and business meetings in So Calif for a few days. Today at one of the booths I was asked about my wife, who has attended in the past. She had just landed in London on her way to RSA. She is going to spend 2 weeks in Kruger and a few days elsewhere with another photographer . I then mentioned that I was headed back to Africa in September. She asked what I was doing so I said that I was hunting. Then the question what are you hunting. So I told her Cape buffalo, Eland and some other plains game.
Then came "the question". You wouldn't hunt an elephant would you. So her short question got a long answer about poachers, conservation, carrying capacity and the role of hunting in population control. I was pleased that the lady questioning me and her friend were open to a discussion and a reasonable rationale that hunting was important and had its place in conservation. Was glad she had an open mind. Her only comment was elephant hunting had received a lot of negative comments on social media. Nice to find people with reasonable attitudes.
Bruce

They are out there and I believe there are more uninformed people than there are rabid antis and greenies. It is heartwarming to have an open discussion with them on the merits of hunting and see the light come on. It usually surprises them to get straight facts and references to explore.

My son and I are at a buying show and business meetings in So Calif for a few days. Today at one of the booths I was asked about my wife, who has attended in the past. She had just landed in London on her way to RSA. She is going to spend 2 weeks in Kruger and a few days elsewhere with another photographer . I then mentioned that I was headed back to Africa in September. She asked what I was doing so I said that I was hunting. Then the question what are you hunting. So I told her Cape buffalo, Eland and some other plains game.
Then came "the question". You wouldn't hunt an elephant would you. So her short question got a long answer about poachers, conservation, carrying capacity and the role of hunting in population control. I was pleased that the lady questioning me and her friend were open to a discussion and a reasonable rationale that hunting was important and had its place in conservation. Was glad she had an open mind. Her only comment was elephant hunting had received a lot of negative comments on social media. Nice to find people with reasonable attitudes.
Bruce

Well done, bold move in SOCAL.

Bruce

Good job sir! It is good to hear that someone actually listened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg