Economy destroying the hunting industry in South Africa.

Thanks Frederik, for your reply....I'm beginning to understand the whole picture.

Hi, Owen...miss your wise commentary! Hope you are doing well!

Well, I have seen many sheep farms..didn't think they were that profitable....Sheep meat to me...is very average...sorry if I offended anyone. I would rather have beef or pig any day. And I love wild game!

European lamb has a funny smell , then im with you with the beef , pork , game !!

There is just something about the SA vegetation that makes SA lamb the best in the world.......by the way when it comes to barbeque's ( BRAAI ) the first rule is use wood not charcoal ...damn it does my head in when i see coal hahaha.. Lamb ribs with lemon juice under the African stars and the noises .. ooh thats it for me ;-)

One of the best topics I ve read in AH.

Now, my own experience, my four safaris have been trophy hunting, yet, now and then I have been asked by my PH to shoot an animal for meat or because it had defective horns.

He knows I like to shoot, and I do it gladly for him, but I am not expected to pay for it.

Well the next time I'm there, I'm having sheep (lol). Thanks for your post Owen!

Ellocuently put by Bushbuck I could not agree more with him about "Recreation and discretionary income", in this times (International Hunting in General) is rivaling : Family Vacations, home improvements, season tickets, New Car, New wardrobe, stock market investment, retiring plan,,, etc.
Is "Either" , "OR" , you could do all but not in the same year like it used to be, I feel obliged to my family, and could not supreme the family vacations to use the money to go hunting , but what if it could be done in the same outting?, Will it be fun for "All of us" or just for me?, if there is a way to be honestly all happy in one single trip, that will solve my problem of only going hunting internationally once every 3 years. I am not sure if I can make myself clear in English beacause is not my lenguage, but what I am trying to say is that I hope there is more fun programs for the whole family in the African Hunting spectrum.

First of all not in response to you Tom A., but I echo the sentiments that this is a great thread. Controversial for sure, but also polite. I believe this to be something that distinguishes this forum from others. I am on a number of forums, not just hunting related, and when controversial issues come up they seem to inevitably break down into personal pissing matches. It ultimately ruins the discussion of the topic and it becomes boring. Anyway, I appreciate these discussions and the civility with which they're conducted.

Very, Very True. I have also noticed an increase in mudslinging matches accross other forums. I think this entire forum community can take a pat on the back for keeping this forum clean and polite.

Well done, fellas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg