EAW CZ/BRNO scope rings

Wyatt Smith

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Has anyone tried the above rings for a 550 or 602. These are the kind that attach to dovetail, they are not the pivot mounts. NECG has them for around 200 and optics-trade has them for about 150. The are a little more expensive than others like Talley and Alaska Arms but I like their recoil lug a little better.
Any thoughts and ideas are appreciated.
Thanks

Haven't used the NECG or EAW fixed rings, but I like their pivot mounts.
If I were to do it again...
BRNO_Mount_lrg.jpg

I have Warne QD rings on my 375 CZ550 and really like them.
Never lost zero and I removed the scope every week after leaving the range.
The levers are on the right side of the action making it easy for a right handed person to remove the scope.
I believe the Talley QD rings have the levers on the left side, not sure about the AA's

Attachments

• BRNO_Mount_lrg.jpg
    BRNO_Mount_lrg.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 70
The EAW rings don’t have levers, and attach to the dovetail. But I like my Talleys on my Winchester and I will probably try them. I would go for the pivot mount, but it looks like it make the scope too high off the bore for a good cheek wield.

No, my only set are Warne. Stated above they have levers on the bolt side of a right handed rifle.
They seem to have a solid recoil lug to suit action if that’s what you are after.

The EAW rings don’t have levers, and attach to the dovetail. But I like my Talleys on my Winchester and I will probably try them. I would go for the pivot mount, but it looks like it make the scope too high off the bore for a good cheek wield.
I thought about them being too high, but it depends on what scope you planned to use.
The medium Warne rings still provide good cheek weld using a Leupold VX3i 1.5-5x20.

I think I will try Talley first. I want the levers on the left side. And I don’t like the quarter turn of AA rings, no I’ve never tried them but I like how my Talley work on my Winchester.

I put my Talley leavers on the left side so they wouldn’t be in the way of loading. You can put them on whichever side you like by reversing the rings. You can time the screws pretty easily so that the leavers tighten in your preferred orientation as well.

The EAW are really nice looking. I have read unconfirmed opinions that they are not strong enough for truly heavy recoiling rifles (too many screws/parts being the claim). I find this assertion unlikely. Anyone have them on a big bore?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg