Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA (Alaska, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia), South Africa
I am heading to Eastern Cape in less than three weeks. Can I expect my cell phone to work? I have an iPhoneX with AT&T. Their international plan allows me to use it overseas for a $10/day charge. I recently went to Hong Kong, and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any experience? Thanks!

If you have coverage there in the EC, then yes. I had ATT service in 2010 and the same international plan and my phone worked fine. I would however leave it turned off until ready to use. Roaming for coverage can kill your battery.

I have ATT Passport that will be active for 30 days covering my time while in South Africa. You can sign up and pay for on line.
There are two choices based on data usage. $60.00 and $120.00. If you go over your plan, you will be billed on the following billing date with the charges being pretty stiff.

Heck just use what’s app if you have wi fi.

I might suggest if your iPhone is paid off, you head over to T-Mobile and sign up for their service. .20 per minutes to the states, unlimited texts, unlimited data and free Wi-fi calling. Get back to the USA cancel the service if you want to go back to AT&T. Or just use Whatapp if you have WiFi.

WhatsApp or text. Most outfitters will have wifi or you can ask them to hotspot off their phone for a few minutes each day

I am heading to Eastern Cape in less than three weeks. Can I expect my cell phone to work? I have an iPhoneX with AT&T. Their international plan allows me to use it overseas for a $10/day charge. I recently went to Hong Kong, and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any experience? Thanks!
Should work fine. Turnoff data and for the most part just use WiFi. All iPhones can call and textoff WiFi! Have fun and remember you don’t need to be that connected!
Philip

The problem with calling home for me isn’t the phone service, but the time difference. Once we got back from the evening hunt, had dinner and a drink by the fire, it was very late here in the US.
Leaving an email or text worked much better. We could communicate on our own time.

The problem with calling home for me isn’t the phone service, but the time difference. Once we got back from the evening hunt, had dinner and a drink by the fire, it was very late here in the US.
Leaving an email or text worked much better. We could communicate on our own time.
I don't need to call home. I have the phone set up to call my evac company, Global Rescue if necessary, and to send a pic of any animal I take to my son! We can talk when I get back.

Will be using WhatsApp and WiFi to call out and send photos. With a 7 and 4 year old at home I need to be able to talk to the family every couple of days

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross