AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Virginia Bowhunters Association
Anyone shoot/hunt with the Easton Axis 260's? If so how did they fly? Durable?

I use the Easton 340 and love them. I will not use any other arrow for hunting since I started using them. They fly great and hit hard with a small diameter to.

I use the Easton 340 and love them. I will not use any other arrow for hunting since I started using them. They fly great and hit hard with a small diameter to.

Thanks billc. Are those by chance the Easton "Axis" 340's?

Yes those are the ones and I just shot slick trick broadheads on them.

Excellent! I assume they shoot well. Can't find anything bad on them according to reviews.

Thanks again

You can also get the heavier brass insert to add weight. Lighted nock will add some weight also. I did not use the heaiver insert yet but doing some for my upcoming trip and I should be in the 540 grain weight range when done.

can anyone tell me where I can get any information on the lost outfitter

You can also get the heavier brass insert to add weight. Lighted nock will add some weight also. I did not use the heaiver insert yet but doing some for my upcoming trip and I should be in the 540 grain weight range when done.

Just ordered a six pack of them in 250. Added the 50gr inserts for a total weight of 599gr according to my basic math skills....or lack there of lol

can anyone tell me where I can get any information on the lost outfitter

Search under the posts by gillethunter or go to either timeline or trending and scroll down. You should see where it says "HELP NEEDED" in capital letters followed by "To Help Scott Zyl gone missing in Zimbabwe"

How are the axis holding up. I had some bad luck with them cracking on impact. Switched to gold tip hunters and just got the elements since I could find any 250 spine gold tips and get them in time.

How are the axis holding up. I had some bad luck with them cracking on impact. Switched to gold tip hunters and just got the elements since I could find any 250 spine gold tips and get them in time.

Haven't shot them yet. Just ordered them. What did yours hit when they cracked?

I had the same problem finding GT's in 250 spine. The XT hunter was all I could find that had an available insert that was heavy enough

Just a bag target. Couldn't believe they where cracking. Tried 18 arrows and only one didn't crack. Gold tip has the weight system which works on my element arrows too.

Just a bag target. Couldn't believe they where cracking. Tried 18 arrows and only one didn't crack. Gold tip has the weight system which works on my element arrows too.

Wow! How long have you had them? I'd contact Easton to see if they'd replace them

I did they wouldn't, So I moved on. They said it was my fault but i glued 6 inserts and two diffenrt shops to 6 each all the arrows failed

Been shooting them for 6 years now and only time they failed is when I hit rock or cement. Some have been shot hundreds of times now.

See I don't get that. I've built them for people and had no problems. Mine on the other hand... maybe it's my long draw?

They had three different batch numbers. I thought they where the recalled ones but Easton told me they whereby in the series

Currently I use Easton Axis 300 spine, total arrow weight 480 grains (125 grains point) for hunting here in Chile.
Very good arrow at least in my experience, 275 fps in my new PSE Evolve 35 (29", 70 pounds)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg