Duck and Dove Hunts in Nicaragua

PhilipP

AH member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
First, let me say thank you to africahunting.com for allowing us to post here. Although we are not a sponsor and this is our first post, we appreciate allowing us to post.

While Africa offers some amazing wing shooting, and has a tremendous dove population. For those of you who are going down to Central America, or have or have not been to Argentina, and looking for an optional duck or dove hunting experience, Nicaragua is the place you will want to take a look at. Here are just some of the many benefits you can expect:

* Only 3 1/2 flight from Houston or Miami
* Staying in the city of Managua, so when you are not hunting, they are many activities at your fingertips.
* Hunting fields are only 30 to 40 minutes from the city.
* Amount of birds are not quite as high as Argentina, but a average shot can still harvest 25 to 35 ducks in a morning, and or 250 to 350 doves in a day's hunt.
* We always have a full time guide and driver with you, for all your transportation needs.
* Dine at some of the finest restaurants with the finest food you could imagine, from steak, seafoods, BBQ, pastas, and more.
* Most importantly, we have been doing it for almost 50 years, with a team of Americans and Nicaraguans, who love the sport. Just simple country folks who are hunters, and know what hunters want. From high profile clients and corporate groups, to just the serious high volume shooters. We know how to make sure you have a quality hunt. Plus, you are direct to us. No middleman, so no passing the buck, you will be face to face with the guys you bought the hunt from, with you side by side in the fields, meals, and after hours activities.

We offer three packages for Duck and Dove Hunting. But, do not get bogged down in the details. If the package does not fit you, or you want more, or less, I am happy to customize it for you. Not a problem.

Platinum Package
Price per person
2 to 3 persons - $ 3950.00
4 and above - $ 3600.00

4 Nights / 5 Days / 3 Days of hunting - 2 sessions per day - Duck in the AM, Dove in the PM. Or all Dove.

INCLUSIONS
* 4 Nights at the 5 star Intercontinental Managua / deluxe room / double occupancy. ( add $ 160.00 for single occupancy )
* Full time driver and guide with you at all times
* 3 Mornings of duck hunting, 3 afternoons of Dove Hunting ( Duck is best from Oct to March )
* Gun rental
* Hunting Licenses
* Bird Boys
* Hunting Guide
* Cooler full cold drinks for the field each day
* 3 cases of shells ( 30 boxes )
* All Meals
* Shooters Shirt
* VIP Arrival service at Managua Airport
* All you can drink - where ever you are *
* All tips taken care of, hunting, hotel, meals.
* Bottle of your favorite drink / snacks in your room on arrival.
* Special drink and snack basket for the field each day.

NOT INCLUDED:
* Airline tickets
* Airport entry and departure fees ( approx $ 50.00 for both )
* Shells @ 15.00 per box (cash price) over the 3 cases included in this package
* Any evening out expenses (driver and guide is included)
* Gun Permit if you bring your own gun ( $ 150.00 per person )
* Duck fee @ $ 75.00 per person if you wish to add a session. One session per day is included in this package.
** All you can drink is local liquors, spirits, beers. Imported brands are not included.

GOLD PACKAGE
Price per person
2 to 3 persons - $ 3150.00
4 and above - $ 2950.00

4 Nights / 5 Days / 3 Days of Dove Hunting - 2 sessions per day.

INCLUSIONS
* 3 to 4 Star Hotel 4 nights / double occupancy - see hotel pics below
* Full time guide and driver with you at all times
* 3 days of Dove hunting, 2 sessions per day AM and PM, total 6 sessions
* Gun rental
* Hunting guide
* Hunting Licenses
* Bird Boys
* Cooler full of cold drinks for the field each day
* 3 cases of shells ( 30 boxes )
* All meals ( Moderate dining , see pics below )
* All you can drink**
* All tips taken care of

NOT INCLUDED
* Airline tickets
* Shells @ 15.00 per box (cash price) over the 3 cases included in this package
* Any evening out expenses (driver and guide is included)
* Duck fee @ $ 75.00 per person / per session
** All you can drink is local brands only

SLIVER PACKAGE
Price per person
2 to 3 - $ 2050.00
4 and above - $ 1950.00

4 Nights / 5 Days / 3 Days of hunting - Doves - 6 sessions total, one AM and PM per day.

INCLUSIONS :
* Pick up and drop off from airport
* 4 Nights at 3 to 4 star accommodation / double occupancy / breakfast included
* 3 days of dove hunting
* Gun Rental
* Hunting Licenses
* Hunting Guide
* Bird Boys
* Cooler full drinks for the field
* Round-trip transfers from your hotel to the hunting fields, and lunch close to the hunting fields.

NOT INCLUDED :
* Airline tickets
* Shells @ 15.00 per box (cash price)
* Any other transportation not mentioned in the inclusions
* Duck fee @ $ 75.00 per person if you wish to add a session
* Tips for hunting staff and hotel, meals, and any other
* Lunch and Dinner (breakfast included)

Sorry for such long post guys.

Last edited:
I personally would love to do this type of hunt one day, in many of our stories around the campfire, Argentina and the Dove hunting became a major topic in our discussions. I have been told how many birds you could see and shoot in one day. For sure high on my bucket list.

Very good offer and from my side a warm welcome to the forum.

That sounds great! Can you just go after all duck?

That sounds great! Can you just go after all duck?

Sure all duck or all dove. Or mix of both. Either way is not a problem. Just remember on the duck hunting, if you want real high volume needs to be from November to March. Can still hunt ducks year round, but hit and miss outside of those months.

This sounds great. Been to Argentina and Uruguay 4 times and this may be a great change. I assume you have same ducks as found here in the States (north American species)? Any geese? Are these packages only for this year? Can't go this year since going to Africa for hunting birds (waterfowl and upland and some plains game) this august. Thanks

What an excellent offer, I had no idea one could hunt in Nicaragua. That blows the pants off of most other South America hunt offers I have seen. Is safety a concern while in the country? I for one am pretty ignorant to the stability of the country nowadays. I will definitely keep this in mind for future hunts. I do hope you stay around and become an active member in the website as I and many others would love to know more about hunting there. Thanks

^^^Gizmo
I have traveled quite a bit in Nicaragua with ZERO problems. Obviously if you go looking for trouble you will find it, but otherwise its fantastic! The Teal hunting is awesome

^^^Gizmo
I have traveled quite a bit in Nicaragua with ZERO problems. Obviously if you go looking for trouble you will find it, but otherwise its fantastic! The Teal hunting is awesome
That's awesome definitely have to put it on the to do list.

This sounds great. Been to Argentina and Uruguay 4 times and this may be a great change. I assume you have same ducks as found here in the States (north American species)? Any geese? Are these packages only for this year? Can't go this year since going to Africa for hunting birds (waterfowl and upland and some plains game) this august. Thanks

The ducks are mostly blue and green wing teal, with a mix of Fulvous tree ducks, black-belly, and wigeon. We do not offer any goose hunting. We try our best to hold our prices as long as possible. Those prices are good for 2016 also as of now. Most importantly, if you are in contact with me, and we are working on a hunt. I will hold those prices. We do a pricing evaluation every year. As of now, all is good for 2016 also.

Good luck this August in Africa, wish I was with you.

What an excellent offer, I had no idea one could hunt in Nicaragua. That blows the pants off of most other South America hunt offers I have seen. Is safety a concern while in the country? I for one am pretty ignorant to the stability of the country nowadays. I will definitely keep this in mind for future hunts. I do hope you stay around and become an active member in the website as I and many others would love to know more about hunting there. Thanks

Thank you for your reply. As Gizmo said, if you looking for trouble you can find it, but Nicaragua is very safe, and very friendly place. We have never in almost 50 years of business, had any safety issues or concerns with our guests. The United Nations announced Nicaragua as the 2nd safest country in Latin America. There was some revision to the report, but still shows Nicaragua as one of the top 3 safest in Latin America.

http://www.nearshoreamericas.com/report-nicaragua-safest-country-latin-america/

I hope this is not taken as a sales pitch, I think it is important information that hunters should know. One thing that sets us apart and different, is we decided a long time ago, that we did not want to be one of those outfitters who just picks you up, takes you to the fields, drops you, you hnnt, and then back to the hotels, and you do not see us anymore.

We decided that we would have a car and driver/guide with our guests at all times. Of course we have other responsibilities, so we can not be there all the time, so we have a very experienced driver/guide, that is with you or on call for you at all times. Send them out for beer, snacks, what to go to the mall, nite life, whatever the reason might be, he is on call outside the hotel, or hunting fields, or where ever you might be. He is with you until you go to bed each night.

I feel this is very important, especially for the guys who are first timers there. You have someone to help you, tell you about the country and culture, advise you in the dos and dont's, keep you out of the areas that you should not be in, how much to tip, what is the best restaurants, he is super guy, and very knowledgeable. We get the best remarks from this, on all our hunts. They love Jimmy. He made the trip even better.

Wonderful, I have been to Brazil fishing and really enjoyed it. South America has a very unique and wonderful culture and I imagine Nicaragua falls into this along with the other countries there. I will definitely keep this in mind and thank you for your response. Sounds like a excellent trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg