DSC Supports the Trump Administration's Significant Increase in Public Lands for Hunting

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
DSC Supports the Trump Administration's Significant Increase in Public Lands for Hunting, Fishing and Recreational Access

(April 14, 2020 - DALLAS) -- DSC applauds the efforts of the Trump Administration and the U.S. Secretary of the Interior David L. Bernhardt to increase recreational access on public lands. Bernhardt announced a historic proposal for new and expanded hunting and fishing opportunities across more than 2.3 million acres at 97 national wildlife refuges and nine national fish hatcheries. This rule proposal represents the largest expansion of hunting and fishing opportunities in history by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS).

Secretary Bernhardt has kept his promise of expanding public lands for hunting and fishing. The additional 2.3 million acres is in addition to the 1.4 million acres created just last year by the FWS for new or expanded hunting and fishing opportunities. Since President Trump has taken office, the Department of the Interior's total expansion of lands for hunting, fishing and public access totals 4 million acres nationwide.
"We are very excited to see the Administration's focus on getting Americans access to their great outdoors" said DSC's Executive Director Corey Mason. "On behalf of all members of DSC, I want to thank Secretary Bernhardt and FWS Director Aurelia Skipwith for their efforts in making this additional access a reality. Opening these new expanded lands for hunting and fishing will aid in conservation of our nations' land and animals and give a boost to our economy."

Public comments on the proposed rule are open for the next 60 days. The notice is available at Regulations.gov, Docket Number: FWS-HQ-NWRS-2020-0013, and explains how to submit comments. Please offer your support of the proposed rule by submitting a comment at
https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=FWS-HQ-NWRS-2020-0013-0001.

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

This is great. Potentially. The two local NWR's near me have defacto closed all hunting. One of them had a sign that read "your duck stamp dollars at work". They first covered the sign under President Slick Willie....then cut it down under B. Hussein.......It didn't matter, they had already closed the portions that could potentially be hunted. When I complained that the required public meeting and comment periods had been ignored, I was referred to a public meeting held 22 years before, on another topic, as satisfying all requirements. Now, both refuges are a flurry of activity in the fall.....15-20 young coeds....all fiercely anti hunting, and doing college research projects for mostly liberal and USA hating universities. Am I bitter? Damn right. Regardless of how you feel about the current administration....reopening some lands to hunting is a worthy goal. It should be supported...............FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross