AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
DALLAS - A Zimbabwean landowner and a professional hunter are facing charges for the poaching of a collared lion outside of Hwange National Park. Their client from the U.S. also could face charges if investigators find he was a knowing accomplice in the crime. DSC abhors poaching, commends the swift enforcement efforts of Zimbabwean authorities and supports prosecution of convicted poachers to the fullest extent of the law.

DSC encourages the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to conduct additional investigations into possible violations of American wildlife laws.

Finally, DSC also supports the Safari Operators Association of Zimbabwe in actions against its members who violate wildlife laws. Lawful, ethical, vigilant hunters play an important role in public acceptance of sustainable hunting as a vital tool for modern wildlife conservation and management.

None of the individuals or safari companies implicated in this incident are affiliated with DSC. DSC works with government authorities and professional hunting associations, and enforces its own code of conduct, to ensure its members and convention exhibitors are in good standing.

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

Enough said... :A Clapping:

Maybe the antis should hear that we lawful hunters are completely disgusted by this mans actions. This idiot is one of those guy's who just has to have it by any cost. If anyone thinks he didn't know exactly what was happening or what was going to happen and how they were going to do it is just kidding themselves. This man I think will be responsible for the closure of lion importation into this country. I hope I m wrong but I have a feeling I ll never be able to hunt one in 2017 as was my plan.

I agree that if he knowingly poached this lion he deserves to have the book thrown at him. However, while ignorance is not a good defense, I could certainly see where he may have paid for a legal hunt with Lion on the quota and could have been bamboozled by a scheme between the landowner and PH to swap permits/areas or something. If they had a tag for a different block of acreage, he very well may not have known the difference when he saw (and signed) the permit unless he is an expert in the area and knows exactly where he is and how the properties are described. It seems like if you were an unscrupulous hunter, you would not go pay full price ($55,000) to participate in a black market illegal hunt. If this was the case and he kinda got caught up in the landowner and PHs scheme, he may not be totally innocent but he was not purposefully and knowingly poaching and certainly does not deserve to have his life destroyed by all of the "outraged" minions. However, I do not know any of the guys involved and plan to stand by and see what comes out when all of the facts emerge.

Maybe the antis should hear that we lawful hunters are completely disgusted by this mans actions. This idiot is one of those guy's who just has to have it by any cost. If anyone thinks he didn't know exactly what was happening or what was going to happen and how they were going to do it is just kidding themselves. This man I think will be responsible for the closure of lion importation into this country. I hope I m wrong but I have a feeling I ll never be able to hunt one in 2017 as was my plan.

I agree with you. Poachers are despicable and absolutely do serious damage to any arguments that us law abiding hunters are making in educating the public in regard to the importance of our hobby/passion. Especially because the news outlets are more than happy to use "hunter" and "poacher" almost interchangeably as if they see no real difference between a legal sport hunter and a despicable poacher. I have a feeling that, for the most part, they do not care that there is a huge difference.

In regard to lion imports, I too share your fear. I felt like we temporarily dodged a bullet last year from the USFW in regard to lion import. However, if this story continues to have legs, I could see USFW making some announcement to freeze imports or something else nonsensical in regard to lions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,