AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
(Dec. 19, 2017 - DALLAS) -- This week, despite a wealth of scientific evidence to the contrary, British Columbia moved to ban all grizzly hunting in the province, effective immediately. The reason for the ban appears to be the government's "consultation" with "many British Columbians" who have declared the hunt "is not in line with their values," according to a BC government news release.

The Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia (GOABC) has issued a statement decrying this decision. "It is truly disappointing that we throw history and science out the window for some urban votes," said Michael Schneider, president of the GOABC. "We expect our government to make informed decisions based on the best facts and science. Emotional decisions are not good for anyone." (www.goabc.org)

DSC has joined GOABC in several research projects in the region, specifically pertaining to grizzly bears. From this research that is still underway, there have been no indications that a blanket ban is warranted.

A previous ban, announced in August, took effect in November for a specific region. But this latest announcement limits all grizzly hunting to just sustenance hunting by First Nations, for food, social, ceremonial purposes, pursuant to treaties and Aboriginal rights.

"Basing such an important decision on 'values' and popular polls is an incredibly bad idea. Where is the role of science in the bear management plan? Science tells us that well-regulated hunting does only good things for grizzlies," said DSC Executive Director Corey Mason, a Certified Wildlife Biologist™. "This decision not only throws out science but discards reason as well."

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

Just more idiots. It's just that they are usually from the U.S.

What do you expect from liberals.

Just more idiots. It's just that they are usually from the U.S.

Sadly you are mistaken. We are are overrun with left-wing urban greenies here in Canada. And it's getting worse.

full

This week, despite a wealth of scientific evidence to the contrary, British Columbia moved to ban all grizzly hunting in the province, effective immediately. The reason for the ban appears to be the government’s “consultation” with “many British Columbians” who have declared the hunt “is not in line with their values,” according to a BC government news release.

The Guide Outfitters Association of British Columbia (GOABC) has issued a statement decrying this decision. “It is truly disappointing that we throw history and science out the window for some urban votes,” said Michael Schneider, president of the GOABC. “We expect our government to make informed decisions based on the best facts and science. Emotional decisions are not good for anyone.” (www.goabc.org)

DSC has joined GOABC in several research projects in the region, specifically pertaining to grizzly bears. From this research that is still underway, there have been no indications that a blanket ban is warranted.

A previous ban, announced in August, took effect in November for a specific region. But this latest announcement limits all grizzly hunting to just sustenance hunting by First Nations, for food, social, ceremonial purposes, pursuant to treaties and Aboriginal rights.

“Basing such an important decision on ‘values’ and popular polls is an incredibly bad idea. Where is the role of science in the bear management plan? Science tells us that well-regulated hunting does only good things for grizzlies,” said DSC Executive Director Corey Mason, a Certified Wildlife Biologist™. “This decision not only throws out science but discards reason as well.”

Source: http://dscnewscenter.org/2017/12/dsc-joins-bear-ban-dismay/

Ok wait till the bear numbers exceed the territories available to big males and they will see them walking the streets of the cities. Then the antis will want the bears relocated.

This is a great danger anytime a State, or Province has one or two large urban centers influencing the politicians.........................Colorado/Denver; BC/Vancouver; Alberta/Calgary-Edmonton etc. People in the big cities are often very green..............as long as they can easily get gas for the Subaru, rare Earth elements for their computers, power for the ski lift, etc. In other words, as long as environmental decisions do not effect them. I have read that only 7% of Americans hunt...................we could easily be legislated out........Hunters must be pro active to help States and Provinces enact legislation I call "Defense of Wildlife". Get it put into law that wildlife management will be on a scientific basis only, not emotional, and hunting is a lawful mgmt tool............Constitutional change would be best...................keep hunting...........................FWB

There is an "Urban disconnect" in many developed countries.

I hunted up there. It is paradise for bears;) Not many hunter for the amount of land area. With the rotational logging and all the gas well sites, there is always some new growth mixed in with mature timber for cover. Saw 8 grizzly's and over 50 black bears. Hunting likely increases the population of grizzly bears by removing some of the older males who are on the lookout to kill cubs and bring sows into estrous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudeWjg34

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross