DSC Convention Events

GA Hunter

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
I’m looking for feedback on the DSC convention and what scheduled events to attend. My inclination is to only attend the show itself however I thought I’d ask if there might be something in particular that is considered a can’t miss event. Any thoughts?

Oh and of course I’ll be at the AH dinner.

Not much into the banquets - they are interminable - and a really scary way to buy a hunt. The floor will keep you occupied, and we take out foreign friends for dinner on evenings when AH isn't gathering.

Ga Hunter, There will be a seminar schedule published in December on the DSC web site. Seminars are on going throughout the event during opening hours. They cover a wide variety of subjects and are free to the attendees. I have attended several in past years. Hornady reloading and elephant conservation are a couple I attended in the past. Some of these are conducted by some very famous PHs. So watch for the list to be published!
Red Leg is correct in that the floor itself will likely keep you busy throughout the show!

The evening award dinners are not my thing, maybe if I was getting an award, I might have a different view. And then again maybe not, I eat a ton of rubber chicken, as I attended lots of various functions. DSC South Texas last year bought a table each night was was trying to get the local South Texas members to fill them out each night, I passed. This year the plan is attending the AH dinner and again skipping the DSC dinners.

Thanks guys. That’s pretty much what I thought.

For the record what I meant by the “show” was what you are referring to as the floor.

I will keep an eye out for the seminar schedule. Nothing really comes to mind that I’d like to see or hear about in a forum like that but you never know.

I have attended a couple of seminars over the last few years, usually can gain a few nuggets of information from them. I also enjoy some of the roundtable discussions held off to the side during the show. Check the schedule and see what interests you.
See you at the AH dinner!!!

Good post @GA Hunter! I'll be attending my first show and was wondering the same thing

I've attended several of the Ivan Carter seminars over the years. They are always enjoyable and he is extremely approachable if you have questions after.

Other than the seminars though, I just walk the floor and visit with friends, and often walk the floor with friends made here. Then, when my feet start to hurt I go to the @AAA Africa Serapa Safaris booth, as they have the most comfortable couch I've found. (y)

I will keep an eye out for the seminar schedule. Nothing really comes to mind that I’d like to see or hear about in a forum like that but you never know.
GA Hunter
We recommend considering attending the seminar presented on the topic "Tips for trips to Africa". Mr Terry Blauwkamp is the presenter together with Mrs Ann from Air2000 or Hunters Support. Mr Blauwkamp share a lot of updated information with others. He has nothing to sell, but only share his experience with others on what to do and what not to do. Mr Blauwkamp travels to Africa on a yearly basis and then stay for 5 or 6 weeks in Africa hunting. Do not reinvent the wheel: attend that specific seminar. It will be scheduled for Friday and Saturday only.

GA Hunter
We recommend considering attending the seminar presented on the topic "Tips for trips to Africa". Mr Terry Blauwkamp is the presenter together with Mrs Ann from Air2000 or Hunters Support. Mr Blauwkamp share a lot of updated information with others. He has nothing to sell, but only share his experience with others on what to do and what not to do. Mr Blauwkamp travels to Africa on a yearly basis and then stay for 5 or 6 weeks in Africa hunting. Do not reinvent the wheel: attend that specific seminar. It will be scheduled for Friday and Saturday only.

This sounds like a great one to attend. I’m a big fan of learning from and possibly building on the experience of those who have gone before me. Thanks for sharing.

Is it January yet?

Kathy has already warned me she is spending some money this year...and it isn't on a Rigby!

Feedback from all attendees (exhibitors and visitors) to the DSC are welcome:
1. First time attendees to DSC
2. Return attendees to DSC
3. Seminars
4. General DSC experience

WHAT WAS:
a) impressing
b) disappointing
c) highlights

GENERAL COMMENTS / THOUGHTS

Good post @GA Hunter! I'll be attending my first show and was wondering the same thing
Your thoughts on the DSC 2018 would be interesting.
Did you attend a Seminar?
What was your experience on the DSC?
Would you consider attending next year again?

I’m looking for feedback on the DSC convention and what scheduled events to attend. My inclination is to only attend the show itself however I thought I’d ask if there might be something in particular that is considered a can’t miss event. Any thoughts?
Oh and of course I’ll be at the AH dinner.
GA Hunter
We are eager to learn about your 2018 DSC experience...

Your thoughts on the DSC 2018 would be interesting.
Did you attend a Seminar?
What was your experience on the DSC?
Would you consider attending next year again?
Unfortunately I came down with the flu and didn't make it to the show. I do plan on making it next year

Unfortunately I came down with the flu and didn't make it to the show. I do plan on making it next year
Dear cagkt3
We are sorry to hear that you had flu. Trust that you are feeling much better now. Looking forward meeting you next year at the DSC...or if you could make it to Denver, CO for the ISE show, we are in booth 2719...

Dear cagkt3
We are sorry to hear that you had flu. Trust that you are feeling much better now. Looking forward meeting you next year at the DSC...or if you could make it to Denver, CO for the ISE show, we are in booth 2719...
Can't make Denver, thinking about the Houston Safari Club show at the end of this month though. Will you all be there?

Can't make Denver, thinking about the Houston Safari Club show at the end of this month though. Will you all be there?
cagkt3
No, unfortunately not. However, we will be in Las Vegas again, booth 560 in the North Hall.
Alternatively, please indicate if you want me to make a phone call to you.

cagkt3
No, unfortunately not. However, we will be in Las Vegas again, booth 560 in the North Hall.
Alternatively, please indicate if you want me to make a phone call to you.
Won't make SCI this year unfortunately. I am booked already for this year for my first trip, so I'm going to Houston to meet up with my outfitter.

Won't make SCI this year unfortunately. I am booked already for this year for my first trip, so I'm going to Houston to meet up with my outfitter.
Enjoy the planning process since it forms a huge FUN part of the safari...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.