DSC 2022 pictures

I was under the impression SCI was the 6th through the 9th. Can anyone briefly explain the difference between SCI & DSC? If there is any. Do all distributers attend both?, etc..

Many thanks, Excellent photos, whish I was able to attend!

Can anyone briefly explain the difference between SCI & DSC? If there is any. Do all distributers attend both?, etc..
Check out this thread:

I saw a few quick passovers of the Heym doubles, did anyone else get something and maybe Merkel too?
I got a picture! Wish I could have the gun though...

Attachments

• 20220107_123030.jpg
    13.7 MB · Views: 131
Thanks CM. Nice piece of wood on that 89b, did you notice the calibre?
470 NE, and the small one with the scope was a 375. Doc, from Heym, said the 470 fit me nicely and I absolutely loved that rifle. The wood was such a good color!

470 NE, and the small one with the scope was a 375. Doc, from Heym, said the 470 fit me nicely and I absolutely loved that rifle. The wood was such a good color!
You know what they say - "if the double fits, buy it"

1642026593019.jpeg

Rigby Daggaboy Award
Hunter: Frank Cean
PH: Buzz Charlton (Buzz was not at the convention. I believe his brother accepted.)

I finished tied for second with 99 other hunters

Y’all have two years to get a Daggaboy and compete for the next contest.

I was incorrect it was Myles McCallum that accepted the Rigby rifle.

What an honour! I hope we all get to use that rifle when we visit their camp some time, at least for one shot. Trust the Zambezi Valley to produce the top old bull.

Found a company that makes some beautiful rifle stocks. They specialize in Tiger Maple stocks. They make custom rifles but the stocks caught my eye. Fantastic wood. I took a couple of pics.
AAE8FEC3-DD23-4824-B25B-EAF89D4C10C3.jpeg
59150AEA-A01C-42B3-A6A9-9F86689EE358.jpeg

That’s 2 different rifles. I’m not affiliated with the company in any way. They do happen to be in Wyoming like me, but 6 hrs away from me. I was told $1400 for a stock. Thought that was cheap. Company is Red Desert Rifles in Rock Springs.

Thanks for sharing all keep em coming if there is anymore.

Found a company that makes some beautiful rifle stocks. They specialize in Tiger Maple stocks. They make custom rifles but the stocks caught my eye. Fantastic wood. I took a couple of pics.View attachment 446327View attachment 446328
That’s 2 different rifles. I’m not affiliated with the company in any way. They do happen to be in Wyoming like me, but 6 hrs away from me. I was told $1400 for a stock. Thought that was cheap. Company is Red Desert Rifles in Rock Springs.
Wow! Those are beautiful stocks! I would think $1400 is a great price?

View attachment 446296
Rigby Daggaboy Award
Hunter: Frank Cean
PH: Buzz Charlton (Buzz was not at the convention. I believe his brother accepted.)

I finished tied for second with 99 other hunters

Y’all have two years to get a Daggaboy and compete for the next contest.

I read some interesting stuff about that "contest" on another forum. Per some people in the know, it turns out one of the judges of the contest was on that particular hunt and aged it up close of course, and Rigby isn't going to reveal any of the other entries. That said, it was an old bull.

Nothing against Mr. Charlton but it is interesting that the winner and judge seem to be in a conflict of interest and the hunt was with a high profile PH. Maximum attention to the Rigby brand???

Does anyone have addl pics?
Many Thanks, AH.

Agreed Philip! Amazing work by Kanati. No surprise that the replica lion is more than the replica elephant (also excellent). The level if detail and customization they can do is amazing.

Strongly considering one to memorialize me lion.
I checked out the Kanati replicas closely with @Just Gina and later with @Royal27 . Loved that walking polar bear. I'm considering the elephant and in fact have been since I first saw it at the Kanati Studio when they did my RSA Hoodspright/Kruger area lion back in 2017. I thought the replica rhinos were some of the better one's I've seen. Too many come out looking cartoonish but Kanati does a good job.

As for the lion, I think it's great there is an option to have a replica made. I thought the hair looked a bit tinsely. Gina says it's Barbi doll hair.

And there are still options to hunt real wild lions and important them. Tanzania offers a great opportunity to add a lion onto a combination leopard/buffalo hunt. Yes the bill adds up for the total hunt. But it is a bargain for the package and if you compare being able to hunt 2 or 3 buffalo and leopard on a 16 day hunt deal, then add a lion where you get the extra 5 days and ability to add a 4th buffalo included for a pretty decent deal not much higher than an RSA canned lion hunt ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg