Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Had another incredible trip fishing in the Dry Tortugas 60 miles west of Key West. A 3-day trip turned into 2, because the boxes were full to our legal limit, and we were out of ice and room... It's a nice problem to have.(y)
I didn't get too many great pics because it's a not really practical pulling out the camera when the bite is frantic, but you can at least see the end result.

The Warsaw grouper was just over 150lbs.... Not a welcome by-catch on mutton snapper tackle. My back is paying the price today...But, it's the biggest we've seen in these parts in many years. Had a great bite on big muttons. Going back for another trip in late August to a different area of the gulf of Mexico more geared to grouper and tunas. Stay tuned...

IMG_1639.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Nice, thanks for sharing and congrats! Yeah its a "good" problem to have to come in early because your full!

Man would I love to try that! I've only fished saltwater twice and was skunked the first time...second time landed 3 barracuda. Definitely have to do more in the future after I manage to kill a kudu!!!

Man that grouper is great eating too!

I caught a few Grouper when I lived in the Keys but nothing like that
And those Snappers ain't bad eating either

I was a little worried about how the big grouper would eat.... I did a fish fry at the station yesterday, and it was actually really good. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it turned out. As far as Warsaws grow, that one is still relatively young. We used to catch them up to 400lbs. back in the old days.

Dan,
We are practically neighbors. When are you taking me fishing? How about a couple of fillets at least?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genihi4888

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg