Drunk Elephant in Gabon

Philippe

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Upper Volta , Gabon , France , RSA
In the north of Gabon last week, villagers were in the forest preparing palm wine, nearly 100 liters in a barrel were already ready to be marketed.
An elephant arrived, he scared the villagers away and when they returned, they found the elephant completely drunk. The children played with it while waiting for it to wake up.
The story does not say if a hunter/poacher did not come to end this story badly.

I would be interested in seeing how this played out once the animal was sober. You could plainly tell that the people were afraid of the elephant. I would be wiling to bet he was ornery with that massive hangover!

He probably won’t remember much.
I hope no one is standing behind him the next day when he coughs!:oops:

@Andrew Short
I have already seen a few times here (Gabon) in the forest, drunk elephants after having ingested wild mangoes that have fallen to the ground. When they rot, their alcohol content increases. The elephants stagger, come and go aimlessly, also walking backwards. Really fun scenes to watch. But never to the point of being dead drunk like this.

Reactions: WAB
@Andrew Short
I have already seen a few times here (Gabon) in the forest, drunk elephants after having ingested wild mangoes that have fallen to the ground. When they rot, their alcohol content increases. The elephants stagger, come and go aimlessly, also walking backwards. Really fun scenes to watch. But never to the point of being dead drunk like this.

I’m sure that’s hilarious to watch!:LOL:

Hi All ,
Sorry but a localization error slipped into my post. My correspondent from northern Gabon telling me that this scene was happening in Minvoul (North Gabon). But after cross-checking, it turns out that this scene happened in Cote d'Ivoire. Sorry for the mistake, I should have checked before posting and not after.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you