Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
This BC Canada mans legal defence for his actions was a claim to be a Safari Outfitter in South Africa. Takes all kinds. I hope no one is really doing business with this guy.

The judges comments:
On July 27, 2011, I convicted the accused of trafficking in marijuana and acquitted him of production. I also convicted him of various weapons offences relating to licensing and storage of firearms in his residence. Mr. Purchase explained in his affidavit filed November 7, 2011, that he runs a safari business through which he gives guide outfitter services in Canada and South Africa, as well as lessons on gun use.

House arrest for drugs and guns

An Abbotsford man has been sentenced to six months house arrest and a 10-year weapons ban after he was convicted of five drug and weapons offences.
Jason Warrick Purchase, 38, was sentenced Thursday in B.C. Supreme Court in Chilliwack. He was convicted last July of possession for the purpose of trafficking, careless use of a firearm, unauthorized possession of a firearm, and two counts of improper storage of a firearm.
Purchase and six other occupants of a home on Sumas Mountain Road were arrested May 9, 2007 after police responded to a 911 call.
The caller said her brother had contacted her and indicated he was being threatened by someone with a gun at the property.
When police arrived at the scene, Purchase came out of the house first, and the other six exited after police issued a ç”°all out.
According to court documents, a search of the residence then turned up boxes of ammunition, a handgun, 11 improperly stored rifles, and marijuana plants that were being grown and harvested.
A police officer testified during Purchase's judge-only trial that the home had been in the midst of a marijuana harvest called a ç”°lipping party in which individuals are hired to separate the bud from the rest of the plant.
The guns and ammunition were found in plain view in various places around the house.
After his conviction, Purchase applied to have the charges stayed, saying he had not been tried in a reasonable amount of time.
A second application requested that the proceedings be declared a mistrial because of 殿 denial of procedural fairness.
The judge ruled against both applications.

By Vikki Hopes - Abbotsford News
Published: February 14, 2012 11:00 AM

Sounds to me like the partys over the Judge did a sound judgement call on this one. Way to go Judge.

The name does'nt ring any bells at all. :smoking: all that weed must have made him a bit :wacky:. A good thing is he'll be getting a :ballchain: and there won't any :gorgeous: :girl: to :flashboobies: for him for a while.

Welcome to AH sir. You will note this thread is five years old.
Who do you want to contact you?

Doesn't surprise me if he escaped to South America to avoid prison.

Welcome to AH sir. You will note this thread is five years old.
Who do you want to contact you?
More importantly, how did he escape? As Brickburn is both a moderator on AH and a known Canadian, I suggest we hold him responsible until this all gets sorted out:giggle:

Jason warrick Purchase died 8 months ago so not sure how he was in Brazil in May?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!