Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA, New Zealand, Namibia, Spain
This isn't about hunting specifically, but it has come about because of hunting.

I've noticed that there are references to drilling wells in Africa so that the tribes can get clean water safely. Most of those seem to be initiated by missionaries that have insufficient funds to do much. I've also come across people in the US who are interested in helping out either with manpower or financially. The problem seems to come in trying to get them together. When I try to contact the missionaries in Africa I get no response so i'm thinking that the website was posted some time ago and is no longer monitored, or something like that. Does anyone have any current contacts or someone I can get in touch with so that I can make something like this happen?

The folks from Africa that I've met live in the bigger cities so I've not contacted them yet.

I have a contact I think in Malawi that is doing this as part of his mission--drilling wells. His name is Clay Trussell and he is with P1:3 ministries inc. I will send his contact info via pm.

The village in Zimbabwe near where I hunted elephant had 5 good wells drilled as part of the CAMPFIRE projects. All hunter dollars. Us hunters also paid for the school, the medical clinic, vet clinic, new roof on the school after it went bad. A tractor for the village use, and it sounded like they were planning to put my money to use for a trailer.

Zimbabwe well.JPG

I have a missionary friend in RSA but he's in an area that something like this isn't needed. Operates a kids home in Pines I believe.
If you don't find what your really looking for I could contact him and see if he's connected with others with true needs.

This is a US based charity whose specific mission centers around drilling water wells for needy communities in Africa, South & Central America.

Living Water International: https://water.cc/

They are headquartered in the Houston area:

Living Water International

4001 Greenbriar Dr.
Stafford, TX 77477
USA

877-553-0680 | Toll free
281-207-7800 | Local

You can donate money or donate your time to work on a project. If you want to sponsor a specific project, you can do that too. Maybe this is something the AH community can rally around.

This isn't about hunting specifically, but it has come about because of hunting.

I've noticed that there are references to drilling wells in Africa so that the tribes can get clean water safely. Most of those seem to be initiated by missionaries that have insufficient funds to do much. I've also come across people in the US who are interested in helping out either with manpower or financially. The problem seems to come in trying to get them together. When I try to contact the missionaries in Africa I get no response so i'm thinking that the website was posted some time ago and is no longer monitored, or something like that. Does anyone have any current contacts or someone I can get in touch with so that I can make something like this happen?

The folks from Africa that I've met live in the bigger cities so I've not contacted them yet.
If you want to help or know more about missions you must contact The North American Mission Board (NAMB). THis is where you’ll find the answers you are looking for.
Blessings,
Philip

My home congregation partnered with Living Water International for several years. Not only do they dig wells they also pass out home filtration units that purify (filter out) harmful contaminants.

Thanks guys! I didn't know about Living Waters in Stafford and I'm down there once a month. I'll stop in and visit with them next time I'm down there. And I got the contact information slam8031 sent me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!