Boela

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Zululand Hunters & Conservation Association, South African Hunters Association, PHASA
Hunted
South Africa, England, Wales, Austria, Swaziland, US: Idaho, Alaska
A while ago I had the privilege of hunting with my father, he shot a Warthog sow at the time and on inspecting the sow, saw what looked like a pair of double left-hand upper tusks. I initially thought that she had split the tusk length wise and over time it worked off into what looked like two tusks.
Back at camp I had the tracker boil the scull to retrieve the tusks. To my astonishment I found that it was infact two seperate tusts, each with its own root canal. Has anyone maybe ever seen something similar with Warthogs before?

Hluhluwe Jag 2012 025.JPG

Hluhluwe Jag 2012 024.JPG

20160812_180217.jpg

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Never heard of that one before.
Unique trophy.

love the odd ball trophies.

That's pretty cool.

Never seen that on any kind of pig !

The only thing like this I have herd of is I shot a wild boar in Tx that had a tusk stuck in his snout. Not near as neat as this. Cool animal!

Very interesting and thank you for sharing!

Way too cool for sure. Love the stuff with extra character.

The older I get the more I appreciate weird.(y) The wife says its introspection.:unsure:

I love the weirdos. I guess they remind me of myself.

So cool it may grow icicles. I might just start going for odd shaped trophy's from now on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross