Double Triggers vs Single Selective Triggers (In Terms Of Speed)

Pointless exercise ....

@Major Khan Sir
@DrBob
@Ridgewalker
@spike.t
@Red Leg Sir
@IvW
@8x60
Thank you very much for your experienced opinions . All of your opinions strongly reinforces my own . That a good double trigger shotgun leaves nothing to be desired .
@Major Khan Sir you have clearly won the bet against those so called “ experts “ who belittle the tried and tested double trigger design .

I have owned five double rifles, and eight drillings, eight over and under and side by side combination guns, as well as a bunch of over and under and side by side shotguns. Ive shot them all, a lot. So I have some experience with both single and double trigger guns.

I prefer guns that cock both barrels on opening,; i am not a fan of recoil coking mechanisms.

I have never liked double triggers. I have never developed the smooth change from front to rear trigger. So, I am a slow second shot with them.

I would point out that you need to come back down and require your target before you fire the second shot with heavy recoiling rifles. They are different than light skeet loads.

I have doubled a number of times on hard kicking double trigger guns. That is, i believe, the fastest second shot you can make. When I've doubled, the second shot went way high and off target.

A truly experienced double rifle shooter, with a perfectly fitting rifle, that the shooter is thoroughly familiar with can be quite quick with either. If any of those 'ifs' are missing the follow-up will be slower.
Just my experience,
Bfly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg