Double Rifle for plains game

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Europe
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/8-x-60-double-for-a-plains-game-hunt.24821/#post-232172

Further to my old post (above) and a number of most helpful responses to same (re: Proper head-stamps) I am pleased to say it would appear I have, finally, after an 11 year search managed to source properly head-stamped brass (fingers crossed)

Once it arrives (the properly head-stamped brass) I will "roll a few" test loads . Once done I will have no excuse!! Europe , I have my eye on Croatia (Boar) and of course AFRICA

What I say to DR addicts like me who may have an obsolete calibre - Persevere and get them back in usage. The journey is maybe frustrating but fun and worthwhile.

Fingers and toes crossed.!!

Congratulations! I'm happy you've got a fine running game rifle!

I'd imagine if you needed brass and were willing to buy a reasonable amount, these guys would make it for you:

http://www.qual-cart.com/323 cal.htm

Screenshot (167).png

They do make 8x60S so it wouldn't be that difficult for them to add a rimmed run to the line if there was sufficient demand or order #s.

Where did you find brass tentatively speaking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Roohawk
(I have sent you a PM answering "Tentatively speaking")
Rimless properly head-stamped brass would be "relatively" easy to source. The rimmed version is a completely different animal . All the usual suspect need not apply - Bertram et al
I have been all over this for years. It is like rocking-horse poop.

Hopefully my source will come good. I will let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,