Double Rifle for plains game

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/8-x-60-double-for-a-plains-game-hunt.24821/#post-232172

Further to my old post (above) and a number of most helpful responses to same (re: Proper head-stamps) I am pleased to say it would appear I have, finally, after an 11 year search managed to source properly head-stamped brass (fingers crossed)

Once it arrives (the properly head-stamped brass) I will "roll a few" test loads . Once done I will have no excuse!! Europe , I have my eye on Croatia (Boar) and of course AFRICA

What I say to DR addicts like me who may have an obsolete calibre - Persevere and get them back in usage. The journey is maybe frustrating but fun and worthwhile.

Fingers and toes crossed.!!

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
Congratulations! I'm happy you've got a fine running game rifle!

I'd imagine if you needed brass and were willing to buy a reasonable amount, these guys would make it for you:

http://www.qual-cart.com/323 cal.htm

Screenshot (167).png

They do make 8x60S so it wouldn't be that difficult for them to add a rimmed run to the line if there was sufficient demand or order #s.

Where did you find brass tentatively speaking?

Last edited by a moderator:

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
Roohawk
(I have sent you a PM answering "Tentatively speaking")
Rimless properly head-stamped brass would be "relatively" easy to source. The rimmed version is a completely different animal . All the usual suspect need not apply - Bertram et al
I have been all over this for years. It is like rocking-horse poop.

Hopefully my source will come good. I will let you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fudpucker001

Latest profile posts

Clifford Johnson wrote on Mark A Ouellette's profile.
Mark, How did your hunt go with Wayne in Zimbabwe?
Cliff
Spartan2473 wrote on tnshooter's profile.
Hey buddy,
Have a great hunt in West TN. Looking forward to planning this next safari with you.

we’ll talk soon!
Hello thanks for acceptance to the group, I live on baffin island. Anyone ever hunt in the Arctic?
Defosse wrote on Kouprey's profile.
Hello Kouprey,

I'm the little little son of Louis Defosse and i'm living in Saigon VIetnam. I'm trying to find some information about ma family and i saw your post where you wrote the Defosse family. Please i'm really interested to know more and share all your information about my family. I tried to find some in Vietnam but very difficult. Please i will be happy to read you soon.

Regards,

Stéphane Defosse