Double fee on Elephant?

bee keeper

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
If you pay a hunting fee for an elephant, you kill it and then you are attacked by another elephant of the herd and out of self defense you are forced to kill this elephant too, do you have to pay for that elephant too?

I guess it may vary - but I was in a camp in Zimbabwe where this exact same thing happened. If you have a PH and (in Zimbabwe) a government appointed PH and everyone can vouvh that it was life or death, then there is no trophy fee.

Having said that, if the client shoots first, I'm sure there will be trouble! I have had two close encounters with white rhino and when I asked the PH what the situation was with regards to "self defence", the reply was: "if I'm on the ground with the rhino on top of me, then you shoot!"

beekeeper, that all depends on the situation. I had exactly that happening to me, and there was an investigation and hearing into the insidance. In the end, the government decided that the shooting was legitamite, so no trophy fee. But, I would suggest leave this decision to your PH, when and if to shoot, as he is much more likely to understand the body language of the elephant and the local laws.

Elephant Charge while hunting...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg