Double Birthday Present... and a great Vaal Rhebuck!

ChrisT

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, PHASA, DWWC
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe Mozambique, USA
Two days ago I was getting ready to celebrate my Birthday by chasing Cape Kudu here in the Eastern Cape with Derek (Diamondhitch here on the forum)...

My wife was up early too and presented me with her gift to me... I was quite surprised when I saw the contents - a full box of .458 LOTT rounds - which is quite the gift for a South African hunter as they are quite pricey over here at roughly $400 per box... There was only one problem though... I don't own a .458 (that I know of)... Of course my initial thoughts were something along the lines of: "Typical of a woman to buy me the wrong rounds for my rifle..."

So I did the "right" thing by thanking her for her thoughtful gift and saying: "That's very nice darling but I don't own a LOTT..."

To which she responded: "Do you really think so?" And proceeded by presenting a next gift to me on behalf of my good friend and client (JPJ3)

New_rifle1.jpg

Needless to say; I was more than surprised when I opened the box and saw a brand new CZ550 Safari Classic in .458 LOTT wrapped inside!!!

Don't know for sure how you did it Sabina and Paul but thank you ever so much!

Paul; looking forward to carrying LOTTIE on our buff / sable hunt next year!

We didn't get the kudu on my Birthday but for those who were following Diamondhitch's thread on his upcoming hunt with me in the EC... Yesterday he killed a fantastic Vaal Rhebuck... I'll let him fill you in on the details and pictures when he gets a chance...

Best,

Attachments

• New_rifle1.jpeg
    New_rifle1.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 67
Congrats with great presents from wife and friend!

It's nice to have a supportive wife!

Happy birthday Chris.

Tell D congrats too.

Impressive woman you have. Happy B-day.

Good for you Diamondhitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross