Doom's day bunker necessities

If things start getting a little out of hand in the dooms-day-bunker, or if zombies attack, a few cans of these and order will be restored.

upload_2016-2-13_8-59-22.png

I learn things everyday….

More than you ever wanted to know about Ludifisk!

Jerome, I would say you need to get out more, but this is one thing you could have never learned, and died happy.

Czarnina,,Duck Blood Soup,, Yum

Jerome, I would say you need to get out more, but this is one thing you could have never learned, and died happy.
Hank2211, You say that as if you've had some experience with Ludifisk!

I like to try new things but I do draw the line at fish soaked in taxidermy solution…

Being from Norwegian ancestry there was always something funky cooking at Grandma's house. Lefse, is my favorite. It's the Norwegian version of a tortilla.

Hank2211, You say that as if you've had some experience with Ludifisk!

I like to try new things but I do draw the line at fish soaked in taxidermy solution…
Good to know you have standards Jerome!

I have tried it. I was told the lye was rendered "inactive" by time and the fish. It is utterly revolting, and exists as sort of a test for visitors. Something like mopane worms.

In Northern Canada we have muktuk, which is somewhat in the same vein. You take whale blubber and bury it in the ground for a year or so, until it rots. You then dig it up and eat it. If you didn't let it rot, you'd find it likely too chewy to eat. The smell is almost as appalling as the taste. Likely why it's best on a cold day, when you can't smell it.

We make a modern version, which dispenses with the rotting, but it's not authentic, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

ok only thing that came up on mr google was lutefisk something made out of white dried fish.......so if its that, why would they cook it up in minnesota which is nowhere near the sea, and why is it so bad?.....oops should have read further.....:oops::whistle:

ok only thing that came up on mr google was lutefisk something made out of white dried fish.......so if its that, why would they cook it up in minnesota which is nowhere near the sea, and why is it so bad?.....oops should have read further.....:oops::whistle:
Many Scandinavian settled in the Midwest

Good to know you have standards Jerome!

I have tried it. I was told the lye was rendered "inactive" by time and the fish. It is utterly revolting, and exists as sort of a test for visitors. Something like mopane worms.

In Northern Canada we have muktuk, which is somewhat in the same vein. You take whale blubber and bury it in the ground for a year or so, until it rots. You then dig it up and eat it. If you didn't let it rot, you'd find it likely too chewy to eat. The smell is almost as appalling as the taste. Likely why it's best on a cold day, when you can't smell it.

We make a modern version, which dispenses with the rotting, but it's not authentic, and don't let anyone tell you differently.
Wow that's extreme!

When I was young my Grandfather would sometimes hang woodcock that he hunted by the neck in the basement and leave it to hang for several days or until the body would separate and fall to the ground, and then it was ready to cook and eat. In France it is called "carrion", it is old school, and the younger generation with their delicate constitutions no longer eat this sort of traditional game preparation/recipe. Then again, in France we eat just about all parts of the animal (game or livestock), from snout to tail and all of the organs in between. I don't know in Canada but here in the States they don't really know what their are missing out on…

FlatSquirrel.jpg

Just add water, reconstitute boil and enjoy!

paine_headcheese.jpg

Attachments

• paine_headcheese.jpg
    paine_headcheese.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 105
View attachment 55571

Just add water, reconstitute boil and enjoy!
My work partner was convinced by her dad, when young, that the dried earthworms in the driveway could be revived with the garden hose. She stood there half an hour before he told her he was just goofing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RashadSalt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois