Donkey turns the tables on a Hyena that wandered onto a farm

I'm pretty sure I owned that very same donkey once. I let him do whatever he wanted..................FWB

Donkeys can be great for predator control. A family member has a couple of donkeys to help keep the coyotes away. If they see a coyote they are on the chase.

Helps his quail and pheasant population along with the deer. Probably also saves a couple calves a year.

During a back country fishing trip in Montana we had a grizzly bear walk within 50 yards of the corral. The horses were throwing a fit and were as far away as they could get from the bear in the corral. The 7 mules were lined up shoulder to shoulder and ready to charge that bear.

Too bad the ending isn't there, wonder how it turned out.
My guess is ol donk finally let go and hyena split the scene post haste!

There was a video going around of a pack mule that attacked and killed a cougar.

As a young packer/guide trainee in the 70's in Idaho, I learned that mules are the preferred critter in that capacity. Much less skittish than horses. If a grouse jumps up near a horse they often explode, the mule just yawns, whatever.

there is something not right with that action...the donkey presents its arse end and looks to give the hyaena both barrels and next its dragging what looks like a dead or out to it H around...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,