Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
I just received the bill for the clearance of my trophies. First, the price from SA to the US changed. Second, there are some charges that seem iffy. Asking for those with more experience than me, please advise.

Dip & Pack/Taxidermy Name:
Air Freight: $1,350.00
Insurance Value: $3000.00 Cost: $203.05
International Bank Funds Transfer $45
All fees for airport, warehouse transfer, government clearances & handling $975.00
Customs Entry Bond $90.00
Deliveries of Permits to Municipalities: $50.00
CFS Bonded Warehouse 8 days @ $45.00 = 360.00
Inland Transportation from CFS to: $300.00

Cost from the Shipper in SA is $1598.05 According to the clearing agent here. The SA shipper quote me $1428.47, which is a $169.58 difference

Agent in the US, is charging me for Clearing the shipment $ 1775.00

Not sure, but this doesn't seem right. Does anyone know anyone who does clearance of dip & pack trophies in Atlanta? Please let me know.

Thank you!

I have been bringing my trophies back into New York. I paid a flat $500 (February 2022). I was told cost would increase next year.

Who cleared your trophies?

Coppersmith is in Atlanta and have used them before with no issues.
PM sent

Coppersmiths cleared my trophies back in August for a flat rate of $450. I’ve never heard of the customs entry bond or delivery of permit fees, they may have been there just didn’t see them.
my breakdown after shipping; clearance and transfer to Coppersmiths 450
Terminal fee $215
Airline storage $198
Warehouse $50
Animal,plant, health inspection first 4 animals $25 and $3 each additional animal, $31. ( USDA ). Total state side charges $944.00
this was in Atlanta

could please pm me Coppersmiths information if you have them. Thank you!

Sent

FWIW, I had my 2021 Taxi done in Africa by Life-Form. They took care of scheduling with the shipper and the shipping insurance. The shipper gave me a final quote. No hidden charges or freight on the African side.

I also used their recommendation on the Customs agent. IIrc the clearing costs were <$900, plus 1 day freight at DFW. The customs agent got me a ground quote and promply shipped it off to ABQ for another 900+.

Not cheap on either end, but I had a good idea of all the estimated costs before the Taxidermy work started. I will use them again.

That clearing charge is ludicrous. 400 to 450 max. Coppersmith..google them and call their office in Atlanta, I have used them in Chicago…excellent service.

I saw a note on Coppersmith’s website that their Dallas office is handling all trophy shipments, regardless of port of entry. I’ve used them multiple times and always received good service.

Coppersmith’s do a great job. When things went pear shaped on a shipment with Turkish airlines and all seemed lost, Michael Coppersmith took over the file personally and forced a proper search of the TA warehouse, locating my trophies. I won’t use anyone else.

OUCH!

I saw a note on Coppersmith’s website that their Dallas office is handling all trophy shipments, regardless of port of entry. I’ve used them multiple times and always received good service.
When did this happen? I cleared through Atlanta in mid August of this year and they didn’t mention anything. Are they handling just the paperwork in Dallas or what?

Ive used Coppersmith in Dallas once.. and @TROPHY SHIPPERS 4x times..

While I prefer Trophy Shippers.. Either will get the job done for you at a price below $500...

I'll be using Trophy Shippers again in a few months when my 2022 crate is ready to be sent over..

here was mine from 2021

1664916820236.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg