Does anyone make their own floor pedestals

• Thread starter Deleted member 40394
  • Start date
I really like looking at all of y’all’s handy work. I do have a question; I have a couple of pedestal mounts and lots of back skins. Is there a way to add the back skin to the panels of an already built pedestal? I have a sable pedestal mount with BS panels and would like to add a BS to a roan pedestal to balance the look of the 2 mounts.

I really like looking at all of y’all’s handy work. I do have a question; I have a couple of pedestal mounts and lots of back skins. Is there a way to add the back skin to the panels of an already built pedestal? I have a sable pedestal mount with BS panels and would like to add a BS to a roan pedestal to balance the look of the 2 mounts.
Tack the skin to the panels and then frame with a small piece of wood to cover the raw edges.

Old barn wood pedestal base for my black sable coming soon. Hard working with that old weathered warped stuff but turned out pretty good for my skill and basic tools. The top will have some fake dirt and dry grass. It is not perfect but as usual I only see the errors most don’t look that much at the base. Eyes always on the mount.

FBD3116D-706F-4F70-BE16-F57E5B4A557A.jpeg
669EF878-B267-477D-B6D2-6F6CA09B8705.jpeg
13C92EA8-7F84-4A2C-B35E-C0BFB03CF331.jpeg

In my first post to this thread back in Febuary (Wow! Time flies) I finally got my Alaskan Grizzly back and here he is on the oak pedestal that I built for him,
sm9Ni6Ul.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swasel

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!