Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
several sporting clubs
Hunted
several
Doe shot with my pedersoli blue ridge flint lock .50 cal, 65 yards with round ball using 70 grains fff, complete pass thru. Leslie

DSCN9836.JPG
DSCN9839 (3).JPG
DSCN9841.JPG

I love muzzleloader hunting! Thanks for sharing! I didn't get one with the muzzleloader this year, but for next year.... I built a "canoe gun" out of a 1:48" twist cheap traditions muzzleloader. 16" barrel and the whole thing fits in a backpack. Cheap project for fun but it puts a 360 grain .50 minie into 3 inches at 50 yards with 70 grains FFG Goex! Congrats on the doe!

Very nice. Flintlock is a whole different art than percussion.

A friend and I took a pair of period flintlock fowlers (single barrel smoothbore) to the skeet range. Talk about give a whole new meaning to follow-through.

Flint lock?? That is old school for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Now we just need to start a wheel lock and matching hunters association!:E Day Dreaming:

the wheel locks were very good, just to hard to keep working. the wind up spring when working propery, I think was as good as any flint lock. I have watched one work and it sure put a large shower of sparks to the powder, tho they were fragil for long time field use. leslie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross