Do you prefer to hunt with a Bow or a Rifle?

Bow or Rifle?

• Rifle

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Bow

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
I love rifles, can't help myself. I bow hunt mostly to extend my hunting season or special deals on bow only hunts. That being said, I just returned from a great bow hunt in Africa. But I must admit there were a couple of times I would have loved to have my rifle in my hands. Wow! Congratulations PHOENIX PHIL, great elk!
That is exactly why I don't think I'll ever book a bowhunting trip, I don't want to wish that I had my rifle. I'll bowhunt in my state but probably not in other states/countries.

Neither. It's a handgun for me.

Handgun hunting interests me very much. When I am a little older (only 13) I am hoping to get a .357 or .44 Remington mag and do a little big game hunting with it. I am also interested in buying something like a Ruger single six .22 L.R or .22 WMR and hunting Squirrels with it.

Looks like the poll shows about 50-50 rifle and bow! However I suspect that is because most hunt with both,along with handguns, muzzleloaders of all types, and some even with a knife, and/or spear!

even in the all rifle hunters there will be several different types that are favored by the different hunters, and for different types of game animals, and hunting methods.

I personally have hunted with all the types and tools mentioned above, but my favorite is S/S double rifles for everything from cottontail to Hippo. So I suppose what I'm saying is, all hunting is good, no matter what tool you use. IMO, it is the hunt that counts more so than the choice of tools!

A lot of the people on the internet are very serious about hunting. Most people who only start thinking about hunting a week or two before the season use rifles, because they are just worried about putting meat on the table. I put this poll on here to see what the hunting "nuts" on the net prefer. I know that most people use rifles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross