Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
To start off with, i am not one of those collector guys that wants to obtain the "diamond level of pygmy antelope, inner circle in the third degree" type guys.

However, i have been thinking lately of two goals that i think would be fun to obtain over several years of hunting. Mine are:

1. Hunt all the Buffalo of the world: Cape Buff in Africa, Bison in North America (free range), Muskox in Tundra, Water Buffalo in Australia, Water Buff (different subspecies) in Argentina.

2. My big 5. Boring i know but i want to achieve this goal.

I also really want a Bezoar Ibex!!!!!

The animals in my list don't have to make any record book or score any number. I just think it would be a lot of fun to travel around the world looking for my particular goal.

Do you have anything that you consider a "hunting goal"? Any particular thing you think would make great hunting memories?

I wanted at one time to hunt all the countries in Africa,I just couldn't stay that focused on it.Kept getting side tracked and realized last year I am 10 animals away from the North American 29.So I have changed course to that goal,except I am going to Mongolia to hunt both Ibexes this year and add a Stika deer to my list this fall.I would like to hunt Bezor Ibex in Turkey also,lived there for 3 years in the 60's and hunted lots of different birds and waterfowl and wild boar just not ibex.Would like to go back to see how much the country has changed.My memories are the tough hunts and the ones I planned for several years.First trip to Africa for DG was one of those memories.

goals

my goals are to have a great time hunting in namibia this june. see some beautiful country, meet some great people and of course take some nice animals. my main goal has been taking my nephew out hunting from a very early age and teaching him to enjoy every aspect of hunting, not just the killing. he really enjoys it, and he is really coming onto his own. the biggest gratification has been to watch him mature as a hunter and to see the fire in his eyes when i take him out. at just 13 years old, he reminds me of myself and he says he is lucky to have someone take him to the outdoors. that is a great feeling.

Hi
i have two simple goals hunt as long as i am able to and take new hunters out to enjoy the outdoors. help experenced hunters (older hunters enjoy the sport as well)as some of us seem to be in a hurry . slow down and enjoy their company and stories.
terry

Hello,

I was many years ago in the forest of Camerron, but was as companion, Now I would like to go back, but this time as hunter.

I guess I have a few goals: I'd like to hunt cape buffalo, sable, roan, vaal rhebok, a nice warthog, Alaskan moose, grizzly, mountain goat, axis deer and blackbuck hopefully before I pass away. New Zealand would be nice too...red stag, chamois, tar, and fallow deer. I've done pretty good so far!

I am in my twenties and have no children, but my biggest goal would be to one day be able to take a son/daughter hunting as much as they wanted, for the things they were interested in hunting.

My other goals include Sable and Buffalo in the next 5 years. Leopard and Elephant in the next 10 years. And a life goal of Red Stag taken in Scotland, Romania, Germany, Czech Republic, Argentina, and New Zealand, and maybe here in Texas.

Pretty simple for me. Take my son mule deer hunting with my dad at the same time. My dad helped me cut my teeth on mulies and some day I hope to have a three generation picture with the three Hoesel boys and three nice mulie bucks too!

Pretty simple, but some of the best memories of my life are hunting mulies with my dad.

nd

I have been fortunate to take Desert and Rocky Mt. Muledeer, Coues Whitetail, and Eastern Whitetail all DIY with a bow. Have tried for the last two years to bag a Columbia Blacktail in California.Hopefully this July I can put a tag on one then....North to Alaska for a Sitka Blacktail.

I really would like a BIG elk.... As we have hunted most of the African game that looks like an amazing and exciting hunt in its own ways!

I really would like a BIG elk.... As we have hunted most of the African game that looks like an amazing and exciting hunt in its own ways!

With a bow during the rut when the bulls are bugling, very exciting.

As for my own goals besides a Cape Buff and Leopard, I hope I'll be there when each of my boys get their first animals whatever they may be.

With a bow during the rut when the bulls are bugling, very exciting.

As for my own goals besides a Cape Buff and Leopard, I hope I'll be there when each of my boys get their first animals whatever they may be.

That's one thing I will make sure of when I have kids... I will be the one guiding them as the first animal in my opinion is probably the most important animal of their hunting careers. Do it right and they will love it forever!

Hey guys, I am pretty new here, but, I have boys and there is NOTHING in the world that you have havested with a rifle or bow that is exciting and fun as being there for you childs first kill. My oldest (14) and I hunted 2 yrs without him getting a shot, but, year 3 he harvested a 110 inch buck at 60 yrds. Last year my 10 year old took his first at 103 yards, a small 6 point. The bond that you share with your child in a hunting situation is unlike anything else. I cherish those moments and I will probably forget alot of things in my life but those days won't be.

No, I just thought that there was a very similar thread just started. Thought people might want to see this one as well. No big deal.

Gotya TOM,

The thing that caught my eye about the other post is he was inquireing more along the lines of why you became an archer, as well as the goals. Yours was not weapon specific. I also just love talking to you guys about hunting:)

My hunting goals this year is take one Blue Wildebeest, one Black Wildebeest, one Bushbuck, and one Waterbuck. If I can hunt those species and get a good representitive trophy for each I will be satisfied, however if I hunt them and don't get the trophy at all (not even pull off a round in the direction of one) I will still be happy to have hunted them and simply put them in next years list. I have never hunted them before and I would like to be able to say I have hunted them.

35Bore:

Yes, that is a father's proudest moment in the hunting scene.

My main goal is to make my 6 year old boy and my 3 year old girl huntaholics like me(poor kids:p).

My secondary goal is to hunt as much as possible in as many places as possible and as many different animals as possible.

Stalking a roaring Norwegian or New Zealand wild free range Red Stag with a bow is on top of my list.

I guess this one is pretty easy for me. All of my grown kids are "blue collar" individuals, like their Dad. The difference seems to be the economy is alot worse than when I was struggling raising a family. It's going to be very hard for them to make it to Africa on their own, at least while I am still able to get around and follow them thru the jess. I have been fortunate enough to realize my dream of hunting Africa twice. I would love to be able to bring all of my kids (three boys and two girls - all hunters) to Africa to experience this wonderful county and it's people and game, first hand. If I ever won the Lotto.....It would be a family affair heading across the big pond. Once that's done, then I would be like Tom and finish the Buffalo of the world and my Big 5!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross