Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NMLRA, SCI,
Hunted
East Cape, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Starting this post as not to high jack another posts.

Many believe there is no one do all firearm, and I am one of them.

Will one caliber or gauge of firearm kill everything that walks or flies on this planet? Sure! Is there going to be anything left as a food source after its dead? Maybe...Maybe Not.

As the topic implies:

Does a firearm with multiple interchangeable barrels count as a single firearm?

Example: my personal favorites:

T/C Encore, with a muzzle loading, a shotgun, and a rifle barrel, make this a one gun or 3 guns?

Remington Model 11-87, (also includes 870, 1100), with a slug barrel and a multi choke regular shotgun barrel, make this 1 or 2 shotguns?

Starting this post as not to high jack another posts.

Many believe there is no one do all firearm, and I am one of them.

Will one caliber or gauge of firearm kill everything that walks or flies on this planet? Sure! Is there going to be anything left as a food source after its dead? Maybe...Maybe Not.

As the topic implies:

Example: my personal favorites:

T/C Encore, with a muzzle loading, a shotgun, and a rifle barrel, make this a one gun or 3 guns?

Remington Model 11-87, (also includes 870, 1100), with a slug barrel and a multi choke regular shotgun barrel, make this 1 or 2 shotguns?
We clearly have too much time on our hands. :(

I seen that as a question as if a country says you may bring in 2 fire armsand you have 2 barrels for your Blaser is that 1 gun or 2 same for airlines????

It's the covid19 lockdown. :barefoot::whistle:

I misinterpreted Ray B.'s thread in Shotgun 2 3/4" vs 3". My hunt and peck typing was once again to slow to make the edit time limit.

Which brought to mind a previous debate does having one receiver and various barrels equal one do all gun or one do all gun kit?

On a Blaser for instance, the barrels are not serialized, only the stock. Therefore, you can take multiple barrels and it will only count as 1 firearm.

In the Netherlands you can own one blaser with all the calibers that are available as a switch barrel and still it will count as one on your firearm and or hunting permit.

On a Blaser for instance, the barrels are not serialized, only the stock. Therefore, you can take multiple barrels and it will only count as 1 firearm.
From my understanding this is not always the case.

South Africa for example uses the serial number on the barrel for platforms like the Blaser with interchangeable barrels.

In the US, the receiver is the "gun" and I serialized and registered. Blasers still come with serial number on the barrels though, for this specific purpose

Mine have serial numbers

That is exactly wrong.

Just out of curiosity those with Blasers with multiple barrels and doubles with an extra barrel or two how do you list them on your 4457?

Just out of curiosity those with Blasers with multiple barrels and doubles with an extra barrel or two how do you list them on your 4457?

I list both. Though, I have only brought two barrel sets (with my S2) once. I also list both serial numbers (receiver and barrel) when carrying one caliber (the R8 in recent years).

Exactly. Laws vary between countries (and states etc.).

EU laws require serials on barrels (and all "essential" components).
Here, my action shooting acquaintances often buy additional "uppers" for their AR-15s. Different lengths, calibers, sights, and so on. It still counts as one firearm - unless you have all parts to put together a second complete firearm.

Yes.
How many people can be armed with such firearm? (One, obviously)

This may be solution in case if some countries put a limit on number of firearms privately owned. This will allow hunter to have multiple calibers for hunting.

In Spain what counts is the receiver, so if you have a gun with x barrels, those barrels will be listed in your "ownwership document", but it will only count as one gun.

South Africa for example uses the serial number on the barrel for platforms like the Blaser with interchangeable barrels.

In the US, the receiver is the "gun" and I serialized and registered. Blasers still come with serial number on the barrels though, for this specific purpose

With a Blaser the receiver is the gun even in SA. I took mine with 2 barrels and listed each separately on the SAPS form. The inspectors at both airports I went through crossed the barrels off the form and said I only needed to list the receiver. The US customs guys said the same thing with the 4457 coming back. When I got my 4457 before I left the customs agent wasn't sure if I needed to list the barrels so I listed it all. And yes the barrels have serial numbers just like the receiver

In Poland it’s really messed up. If you buy a new gun from the dealer with any number of barrels it’s one gun, but any barrel you acquire afterwards is treated as a seperate firearm.
Cops 1 - 0 Common sense & reason

It's clear that there are a lot of politicians/law makers that have diagnosable neuroses regarding someone other than them having access to firearms and related means of imposing will.

I think many here might say the .375H&H is the one cartridge that can do anything particularly if it come down to just one for some reason. Assuming some unreasonable legislative reason but you need to maintain a large rifle for versatility or living among DG and hunting smaller species for food. Start hoarding .375 ammo everyone.

In Australia I expect the registered action or frame is the registered item.

As far as the wife is concerned one rifle is one rifle. Don’t confuse it switch barrels are accessories and say yes dear.

Yeah in OZ they register the rifle and list the extra barrels with the rifle but (state dependent) the number of guns you can own is not limited. In Poland the issue is that your licence states how many firearms you can own and cops get to decide whether or not to grant your wish regarding it. In practise it’s not too bad and not too difficult to have the permit to own a lot of them, and if you run out of “slots” it’s not hard to extend the permit with 50 been the practical limit, as above that number storage requirements become stupid (although not impossible).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
propercapsules

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!