bellero

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Member of
CSSA, NFA
Hunted
Canada (AB,SK,MB,ON,QC), USA, Afghanistan
For sale: I have a spring bear hunt booked with Peter Martin at Kap River Outfitters in Kapuskasing Ontario but unfortunately I can't go due to military comitments. I can transfer the hunt to anyone and I'm willing to sell it at discount.

Many dates available in May and June.

The package is for a 3 days hunt including lodging and guides.

Asking $700.00

Outfitter's website: Welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
can a non resident do the hunt for that price?

can a non resident do the hunt for that price?

I don't see why not but license fees, tag, firearms papers, etc are not included in the price.

Is this the first year back to Spring bear hunting in Ontario??

I can't remember when it was closed!?

This would be the first year it reopened since they closed it in 1999....

That should make for some interesting hunting.

I don't see why not but license fees, tag, firearms papers, etc are not included in the price.

HUNT IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO CANADA ! Sorry to burst the bubble .
Glen

HUNT IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO CANADA ! Sorry to burst the bubble .
Glen

That's the way I understood it too, from guys around WI.

Bellero, shoot me a PM with the details, I live outside Ottawa, so the resident thing works for me ... I am in Ft Benning, Georgia this week, but will run this one by the finance minister when I get back:)

Bellero, shoot me a PM with the details, I live outside Ottawa, so the resident thing works for me ... I am in Ft Benning, Georgia this week, but will run this one by the finance minister when I get back:)

PM inbound

no non residents can hunt bear in Ontario in this first test spring hunt since the closure, only a handful of areas open, and I repeat NO NON RESIDENTS

Just hope they open more areas for bear hunting, where my property is we shot a couple of bears last year within a day of arriving. Be good to clean out some of them moose/deer eating machines

Sold. Thanks adgunner.

Issuer Bulletin #47 - April 23, 2014

Bear Management Pilot Program Information

As a licence issuer selling bear hunting licences and tags, you should know of an important matter that has been brought to our attention.

While MNR planned to hold a bear management pilot program in some communities in northern Ontario between May 1 and June 15, an application has been filed with the court challenging the province's decision to implement the proposed bear management pilot program.The application is scheduled to be heard in court in Toronto on April 29, 2014.

The court decision may prevent the bear management pilot program from starting May 1.

Public safety remains a priority for our government.
The purpose of providing you with this information is to keep you informed and to help you respond to any questions you may receive. Customers who have questions should be referred to the MNR website ontario.ca/hunting or contact the Natural Resources Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940 for updates on the status of the bear management pilot program after April 29.

General Inquiries:
Outdoors Card Centre
1-800-387-7011
8:30am - 5:00pm ET Monday to Friday Technical Support or 24 Hour Support:
Active Outdoors Help Desk
1-866-703-1927

Check our issuer website regularly at http://ontario.ca/n541

Dobber, I have been following this in great detail, amazes me how a group can sue the government and put a stop to things, before the lawsuit is even heard. Currently the MNR states when i call them " go ahead and buy your license, and if the bear hunt does not proceed you can always go in the fall." Seems to me you should hear the court case before stopping the hunt. I think i will file a lawsuit against paying taxes and based on the logic above we shouldn't have to pay any taxes until they hear the lawsuit in court, right?:)

please don't use logic and government together, they just don't go together, oil and water has a better chance of blending

They cancelled the hunt due to the pressure from the antis, now its finally sort of coming back, except where there are higher populations of bears are and could stop due to the antis
I always suggested capturing the problem bears and shipping them to southern Ontario where the antis have the strong hold, see what happens when their cockadoodle or labradoodle gets eaten

When the next attack happens, property damage occurs that person or family need to take the government to court for failing to keep their community safe from threat, and likely an argument could be made that due to the governments actions, they in fact increased the chance of threat by stopping the spring bear hunt
The outfitters have to put in a civil lawsuit if it is stopped, they have put money out, for baits, new barrels, stands, fuel, well those areas that aren't still covered in snow

The MNR needs a revamp

Leaving in the morning for the long drive up to Kapuskasing, will let you know how it turns out!

Good luck. Drive safe.

Best of luck Adgunner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg