Dirk Terblanche Africa/top class Africa thief!

tap

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Just in case people are not following the thread below about the thief and poacher I wanted to start a new thread so that anyone possibly booking here has a fair warning.

TC africa is operating with a license in africa. The hunts he sells have sometimes even been animals he's not allowed to hunt.

He recently poached a leopard while I was on safari on the neighboring property, and he has stolen a substantial amount of money from previous clients. He is currently being sought after by the authorities in South Africa.

Please steer clear of this guy if any of you are considering booking with him.

Tap

This is good information however, i have tried to find info on the internet to support your Dirk Terblanche on poaching...

Usually when i spend time on the internet i can come up with some information...only information leads to the two post on AH...

I am not saying you are off base, i would like to check and verify.

I have found Dirk's web site.
TC Africa

I doubt you will find anything on the internet on the poaching...you have to trust Tony's words.

My two cents, is tap is correct. Clear a wide path of Dirk...who needs the trouble and headaches.

enysse

I was never going to book with him i just like to find information to back up the story...

I doubt you will find anything on the internet on the poaching...you have to trust Tony's words.

My two cents, is tap is correct. Clear a wide path of Dirk...who needs the trouble and headaches.

Thanks for your vote of support for tap & tony i know that they have a good reputation.

I know you would never book with Dirk, but undercovering the truth behind a bad PH, is never easy. A lot of people just want to bury the subject in a deep grave. It's not good for the hunting industry. I like to know the whole truth too. But 99 percent of the time you will never hear it.

did u not read the thread ebtitled thief and poacher? call parks board in south africa and ask to speak with the game warden named alex in the kzn area. he will tell u all u need to know. besides that guy is selling hunts and he doesnt even have his ph license. it was revoked a long time ago for crap like this.

Tap you keep up the good work Hunters need to know this kind of info I wasn't going to hunt with him anyhow but I hate to hear about another fellow hunter be taken to the bank. I know how hard I have to work to get even the smallest planes game in Africa I sure hate to hear about people like Dirk that take advantage of working stiffs just trying to fulfill their dream knowing how hard they have to work to do that. and your not the only one posting bad news on this jerk Africa first class posted on one of the threads and also stated that he was under investigation I don't remember the thread word for word but they did explain the situation as to them carring this dirt bag on their site and that gave me a whole new respect for them.

I had a Medical Dr who I had booked a hunt on his property four years ago in Kwazulu Natal, he check up on Dirk for me and his brother in law knows him and he told me that he is a crook steer clear of him. I also heard that his parents lost a big piece of property they had to sell to bail him out on some other mischief he got into. I have talked to three persons that hunted with him and one told me she would never hunt with him again, the other two loved the hunt, but they will never get there trophies home because Dirk does not have a PH license for Kwazulu Natal or the Free State, the game warden told me this which I contacted.

This is the third rip off I had in two years, once in Texas, one in the state of Washington and now in SA, it was funny I telling my friends how nice the people were to me in SA & Namibia and I never had trouble in Africa so far, we all have to do our homework when we book hunts, by the way all three were the friendliest, nicest people you ever wanted to talk to on the phone or in person, but all they wanted was the monies, greed won out.

I had a Medical Dr who I had booked a hunt on his property four years ago in Kwazulu Natal, he check up on Dirk for me and his brother in law knows him and he told me that he is a crook steer clear of him. I also heard that his parents lost a big piece of property they had to sell to bail him out on some other mischief he got into. I have talked to three persons that hunted with him and one told me she would never hunt with him again, the other two loved the hunt, but they will never get there trophies home because Dirk does not have a PH license for Kwazulu Natal or the Free State, the game warden told me this which I contacted.

This is the third rip off I had in two years, once in Texas, one in the state of Washington and now in SA, it was funny I telling my friends how nice the people were to me in SA & Namibia and I never had trouble in Africa so far, we all have to do our homework when we book hunts, by the way all three were the friendliest, nicest people you ever wanted to talk to on the phone or in person, but all they wanted was the monies, greed won out.

Who should I avoid in TX and Washington state????

Thanks for the heads up Tap. Will stay clear.

I know you would never book with Dirk, but undercovering the truth behind a bad PH, is never easy. A lot of people just want to bury the subject in a deep grave. It's not good for the hunting industry. I like to know the whole truth too. But 99 percent of the time you will never hear it.

When I started to book for Dirk, I couldn't find a bad word on him. I hunted with him and shot awesome trophies. I hope that I and the other 2 clients that PA hunter spoke about can get our trophies out. KZN Wildlife is working with us. There was a comment on a previous thread about me booking when I was having trouble getting my trophies. I would also like to clarify, that when I booked PAHunter, I didn't know I was having trouble. Dirk went to great lengths, to conceal his lies. He sent me paperwork and emails stating that my trophies had been sent. He also said that because I was doing so much for him that he was taking care of the dipping and shipping of my trophies. Luckily an email was accidentally sent to me by the taxidermist wondering when I was going to send a deposit so he could start on my trophies.

Tap, did the investigator contact you yet?

yes i sent him the requested info

When I started to book for Dirk, I couldn't find a bad word on him. I hunted with him and shot awesome trophies. I hope that I and the other 2 clients that PA hunter spoke about can get our trophies out. KZN Wildlife is working with us. There was a comment on a previous thread about me booking when I was having trouble getting my trophies. I would also like to clarify, that when I booked PAHunter, I didn't know I was having trouble. Dirk went to great lengths, to conceal his lies. He sent me paperwork and emails stating that my trophies had been sent. He also said that because I was doing so much for him that he was taking care of the dipping and shipping of my trophies. Luckily an email was accidentally sent to me by the taxidermist wondering when I was going to send a deposit so he could start on my trophies.

Tap, did the investigator contact you yet?

The best con men in the world, say one thing and do something else. I am not blaming you at all. These are deperate times and if it wasn't for the internet a lot of this stuff would go un reported.

I want the unprofessional PH's of the world exposed.

I posted this on the other thread about this matter but thought I should also post it on this one

I guess it is my time to chime in on this matter. I booked a hunt through first class outdoors over a year ago and just got back from a hunt with Dirk in late April. I posted story on AH. Shortly Upon my return I was contacted by Mike from FCA and advised of the problems with Dirk which came to light unknown to me at the time, during my safari with Dirk. Since then I have discoverd alot about Dirk and I am working with Mike and the SA authorities to get my safari trophies back to me here in the states. As you can see from my other post that I had a wonderful trip and took some great trophies. It was my first safari and I loved it, Until now dealing with this issue. I am a victim of Dirk's evil ways and warn everyone to stay clear of him. First Class Africa and Outdoors have been nothing but honest and very helpful to me with dealing with this matter. I truly appreciate all they have done for me ref this issue and I can only hope that everything works out favorably for everyone involved who has been victimized by this guy.

I posted this on the other thread about this matter but thought I should also post it on this one

I guess it is my time to chime in on this matter. I booked a hunt through first class outdoors over a year ago and just got back from a hunt with Dirk in late April. I posted story on AH. Shortly Upon my return I was contacted by Mike from FCA and advised of the problems with Dirk which came to light unknown to me at the time, during my safari with Dirk. Since then I have discoverd alot about Dirk and I am working with Mike and the SA authorities to get my safari trophies back to me here in the states. As you can see from my other post that I had a wonderful trip and took some great trophies. It was my first safari and I loved it, Until now dealing with this issue. I am a victim of Dirk's evil ways and warn everyone to stay clear of him. First Class Africa and Outdoors have been nothing but honest and very helpful to me with dealing with this matter. I truly appreciate all they have done for me ref this issue and I can only hope that everything works out favorably for everyone involved who has been victimized by this guy.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with Dirk Hope you are able to get your Trophys back but the one good thing is you got to see the Beauty of Africa and no matter what, they Can't take the Memories away from you.

I feel for you, I hope the trophies make it to you, but, as Bobpuckett said they can't take you memories. God i hope everything works out for you. Scott.

I hope you get your animals back too. I know you took some really monsters! It still does not excuse Dirk from what he has done at all!

TERMINATOR the guy in Texas is in prison for a long long time, I talked to the sheriff who was handling the case. He had a new ranch that was over run with whitetails axis and fallow, greed and dumbness nailed him, he had a previous felony stay in jail which means he can not own a gun, he was stopped with a rifle in his truck and in prison he went. It was later found out that he had overbooked the hunts and the sheriff told me you will not be hunt with this guy; The guy in the State of Washington books hunts on eBay for whitetail and elk, he told me he had thousands of acres of leased land, turns out his dad owns 6 acres, when it was time for the hunt he wanted to cancel it cause it was too warm I was watching the weather for Seattle and if was freezing in the mornings but he insisted I cancel he told me that he would send my deposit back by registered mail, I filed a claim anyway with eBay and PayPal and he contested it all the way, they finally sided with me and I got my money back. He goes by Firemansean :vomit:eek:n eBay, steer clear of this con artist, since then I have talked to others that he ripped off and its the same story, one of the guys tried to find the fire station he worked at and Seattle had no one my that name he gave us that worked for them.

TERMINATOR the guy in Texas is in prison for a long long time, I talked to the sheriff who was handling the case. He had a new ranch that was over run with whitetails axis and fallow, greed and dumbness nailed him, he had a previous felony stay in jail which means he can not own a gun, he was stopped with a rifle in his truck and in prison he went. It was later found out that he had overbooked the hunts and the sheriff told me you will not be hunt with this guy; The guy in the State of Washington books hunts on eBay for whitetail and elk, he told me he had thousands of acres of leased land, turns out his dad owns 6 acres, when it was time for the hunt he wanted to cancel it cause it was too warm I was watching the weather for Seattle and if was freezing in the mornings but he insisted I cancel he told me that he would send my deposit back by registered mail, I filed a claim anyway with eBay and PayPal and he contested it all the way, they finally sided with me and I got my money back. He goes by Firemansean :vomit:eek:n eBay, steer clear of this con artist, since then I have talked to others that he ripped off and its the same story, one of the guys tried to find the fire station he worked at and Seattle had no one my that name he gave us that worked for them.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg