Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, DSC, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Tanzania, Zambia
I’m heading to South Africa this month and have my vaccinations on a digital format on the iPhone.
Will the Johannesburg authorities allow the digital format as proof for the Covid-19 vaccination or do I need to provide the paper print out?

HH

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm planning on taking both.

The copy on my phone along with a paper copy.

What paper print out?
All I have is the small card.

What paper print out?

So I have lost the original small white card and only have the booster shot dose on another card. I can get a print out of the original 2 doses.

What paper print out?

Some states keep a track record of any vaccinations that you get that are reported to them.

I live in Colorado and they have such records so I can get a printout of all the reported vaccinations that I have had in the last couple dozen years. And the Covid vaccine is one of them.

I also have the 5x5 or so card that they handed out that I took a picture of that is on my phone.

Do you have to have Covid vaccine to enter South Africa?

For what it’s worth, last month Emirates would only accept paper versions of the PCR or Vaccine card.

They were turning folks away to go get them printed at the check in counter. Best to have paper to be safe.

Probably best to bring both digital and printed copies. You never know in this day and age when some bureaucrat, company, employee, or administrator will surprise you by creating a new “rule” or “policy”.

Probably best to bring both digital and printed copies. You never know in this day and age when some bureaucrat, company, employee, or administrator will surprise you by creating a new “rule” or “policy”.

My thoughts exactly.

Flashing papers at the checkin counter seemed to be all they wanted, I don’t think they actually looked at anything.

I’m heading to South Africa this month and have my vaccinations on a digital format on the iPhone.
Will the Johannesburg authorities allow the digital format as proof for the Covid-19 vaccination or do I need to provide the paper print out?

HH
I am headed to Johannesburg in July. Have my paper copy and the NYS app with a digital q code. Will the NYS app work? Or do I need Clear or something else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaylonTova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!