Did a little handgun shooting...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
My CCW was up for renewal. In CA for renewals one has to sit through a 4 hour class and requalify with all of the handguns on the permit. 72 rounds from primary and 20 rounds each from the rest. Due to the pandemic I had suspended USPSA competitions since March 2020 so went from 60K rounds a year to zero. I did keep up daily dry fire though. The guns I used were:

SVI Infinity .40 S&W
STI Edge .40 S&W
STI DVC Carry 9mm
HK VP9 9mm
Sig P938 9mm
CZ P-01 9mm

Here is the result after 172 rounds. Proves that all guns are just as accurate at 10 yards. I was actually told to slow down (range rules) as I was shooting as fast as my sights came back, so slowed down to about a shot every half second for latter part of the qualification.

CCW Qual Shoot.jpeg

That looks like they are all in the As. :ROFLMAO:

@Tanks very nice shooting. Were you Mel Gibson's stunt double in Lethal Weapon by any chance?

My CCW was up for renewal. In CA for renewals one has to sit through a 4 hour class and requalify with all of the handguns on the permit. 72 rounds from primary and 20 rounds each from the rest. Due to the pandemic I had suspended USPSA competitions since March 2020 so went from 60K rounds a year to zero. I did keep up daily dry fire though. The guns I used were:

SVI Infinity .40 S&W
STI Edge .40 S&W
STI DVC Carry 9mm
HK VP9 9mm
Sig P938 9mm
CZ P-01 9mm

Here is the result after 172 rounds. Proves that all guns are just as accurate at 10 yards. I was actually told to slow down (range rules) as I was shooting as fast as my sights came back, so slowed down to about a shot every half second for latter part of the qualification.

View attachment 402864
Your carry permit specifies the handgun?!?

Your carry permit specifies the handgun?!?
Yes. CA makes it as inconvenient as possible for people. Until recently one was also limited to maximum of 3 firearms on the permit and no modifications at all to the firearms. My jurisdiction, Orange County, opened it up so we no longer have a limit and can modify as long as the firearm is safe.

Other jurisdictions, for example, LA County do not even issue CCW permits as a rule.

Very PC Target, must be one of those white nationalists I hear so much about glad you smoked that evil bastards heart out! Lol
New Mexico had a requirement that you had to qualify with the largest caliber in each type of firearm that you were to carry so I had to qualify with a 45 Colt Bond Arms for Derringer, 45 ACP Les Baer for auto and a 45 Colt revolver. You can carry anything smaller in that type of firearm. I thought that was crazy. But Cali always takes the cake!
Good shooting!

Nice shooting

I'm glad that all I have to do is to fill out a form and get a couple of checks here in Colorado.

I'd hate wasting ammo on just a target

I'd hate wasting ammo on just a target

I don't mind the ammo as range time is still worth it. However, the 4 hour zoom class and then a two hour dry fire session where I "learned" how to draw a gun using the "5 count method" and how to change magazines were 6 hours I will never get back.

First words of the guy running the qualifications was center mass, no headshots and no playing around with the bullseye.

Seeing that I wanted to pass and get back home I listened to what he said. ;)
I figured that. It would have been fun, but I know how it is to just gun and get done. Whatever "El Jefe" (Rangemaster) wants.

SVI Infinity .40 S&W
STI Edge .40 S&W
STI DVC Carry 9mm
HK VP9 9mm
Sig P938 9mm
CZ P-01 9mm

View attachment 402864
@Tanks
What non in the head, disappointed.
Good shooting mate
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you