DFFE Minister Announces Trophy Hunting Quotas Of Black Rhino, Leopards And Elephants For 2022

This is true
A lot of landowners are not outfitters and may not even be aware of process etc

certain "tops" (threatened or protected species) animals requires us to go through a lot of effort to get registration and standing permits to have these animals on our land and then we still have to apply to nature conservation to hunt them.
Does black wildebeest fall under this?

I remember a PH saying something about that. And how it is so outdated as they were almost extinct but do to the South African system of private ownership have had their population explode to very strong numbers. Thus prices came way down and they are even culled for meat in places.... So if still under that permit system it must function well enough as it didn't seem over burdensome all though there was extra paperwork to fill out.

Does black wildebeest fall under this?

I remember a PH saying something about that. And how it is so outdated as they were almost extinct but do to the South African system of private ownership have had their population explode to very strong numbers. Thus prices came way down and they are even culled for meat in places.... So if still under that permit system it must function well enough as it didn't seem over burdensome all though there was extra paperwork to fill out.

I stand under correction as we sont really deal with black wildebeest in limpopo. But yes i believe they still fall under tops
Its not a big issue just a applocation to nat con and they issue a
Permit but once again an unnecessary pain and paperwork for no reason
Could result in some issues if permit not done timeously

I stand under correction as we sont really deal with black wildebeest in limpopo. But yes i believe they still fall under tops
Its not a big issue just a applocation to nat con and they issue a
Permit but once again an unnecessary pain and paperwork for no reason
Could result in some issues if permit not done timeously
Stuart, not a jab at Limpopo at all, so please don't take it as such. I actually hunt the area quite a bit, but have to say that Limpopo requires 10x the paperwork compared to us down here in the Eastern Cape.
The amount of paperwork that I have to deal with for a Limpopo hunt is absurd. Actually discussed this with a landowner not so long ago, and they were astounded that we require a PH register and a hunting license for a hunt down here. That's it. ( Apart from TOPS permit if required)
Not sure why we can't just work on a national system.
Also believe that we should look at a national system for PH's. Stop having to write legislation for each province if you want to hunt there. If someone loses his license in one province, all he does is move to the next province and operates from there under his new license. Just one way to root out the crooks.

Stuart, not a jab at Limpopo at all, so please don't take it as such. I actually hunt the area quite a bit, but have to say that Limpopo requires 10x the paperwork compared to us down here in the Eastern Cape.
The amount of paperwork that I have to deal with for a Limpopo hunt is absurd. Actually discussed this with a landowner not so long ago, and they were astounded that we require a PH register and a hunting license for a hunt down here. That's it. ( Apart from TOPS permit if required)
Not sure why we can't just work on a national system.
Also believe that we should look at a national system for PH's. Stop having to write legislation for each province if you want to hunt there. If someone loses his license in one province, all he does is move to the next province and operates from there under his new license. Just one way to root out the crooks.
100% agree marius

its crazy, when i am done with say a group of 4 hunters for mostly std stuff i basically have to hand in a file of paperwork to the taxidermist, never mind tops, or a croc, or best is Baboons or monkeys, these require a hunting permit from nat con too.
i dont know why all the info cant be on an online system and then accessed by nat con or forwarded to taxidermist from there

its a pain it really is

and i agree on the national system, should be for all species and all ph's etc
no reason each province should have their own legislation and little laws differing from one another

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg