Desert Sheep Hunt Raffle

Didn’t read the whole thing but this looks favorable:

Generally, an exempt organization must report raffle prizes if (a) the amount paid reduced, at the exempt organization’s option, by the wager (the amount a person paid for the chance to win a prize), is $600 or more; and (b) the payout is at least 300 times the amount of the wager. The organization uses Form W-2G for this report

(A). The amount of the ticket is less than $600
(B). As long as the prize is listed at less than 300 times $250 = $75,000

Things are good?

Are there tickets left? Thanks.

Yes about 80, I will get an accurate count sometime tomorrow.

@Bhfs300 - Yes you are good from a tax perspective, I know of that rule and there is another one about it being part of annual fundraising event. But the CPA we hire (we undergo an audit every year) says we are good to go.

About an hour and 45 minutes depending on traffic. If you come let me know and I will buy you a beer!

There was at least one ticket available this morning! I hope mine gets tossed in with the rest!

And the winner is...Todd Beckman of Ohio...the winner was not present so I am hoping it is someone on here. Thank you for everyone that bought a ticket, your support is going towards conservation of Wild Sheep.

I would be willing to change my name!

We are thinking about trying something big next year. More details to follow but I hope we can pull it off.

You mean like an all six NA sheep hunt. Of course the entry fee is the same.

Last edited:
Well darn! I apply in a several states every year, and I think this was, statistically, the best shot I ever had. And still didn't win! . I am looking for a moral victory here!

Well darn! I apply in a several states every year, and I think this was, statistically, the best shot I ever had. And still didn't win! . I am looking for a moral victory here!

The moral victory is that you came in second place in this drawing.

The moral victory is that you came in second place in this drawing.
I'll take it! I am going to have a 2nd Place plaque made and hang it where I would have put the full body mount!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg