AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
All,

Last year many of you generously supported the Eastern Chapter of the Wild Sheep Foundation by purchasing a chance for a Dall Sheep Hunt. The funds raised from that raffle were able to assist with a Sheep Transplant in Wyoming and directly supported our mission of putting and keeping sheep on the Mountain. Thank you to everyone who bought a ticket!

For this year's fundraiser we are raffling a Desert Sheep Hunt in Mexico. This is a fully paid guided hunt. Extreme Desert Outfitters has continually had a 100% success rate given you one of the best opportunities to get a Desert Sheep.

Tickets are 250.00 each and only 300 tickets will be sold. You do not need to be present to win the sheep hunt. The odds are very comparable to many western state draws.

The drawing will happen on February 15th around 8pm. If you happen to be in Lancaster that weekend, please come by the Expo because if the winner is in attendance we have special attendee bonus package as well.

Tickets can be purchased at: https://ecwsf.org/desert-sheep-hunt-raffle/

Here is a recent hunt report as well:
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...rt-hunt-with-extreme-desert-outfitters.47121/

Please let me know if you have any questions or issues. Thank you for your support and to @AfricaHunting.com!

Desert Sheep Raffle Poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that's one hell of an opportunity! That's a 50k hunt!

Man that's one hell of an opportunity! That's a 50k hunt!

Tax liability to the winner?????????? Sizable, but would still represent a good deal for the hunt.

Tax liability to the winner?????????? Sizable, but would still represent a good deal for the hunt.
I’ve not heard of anyone having issues with taxes on a hunt like this. Good question though. How would the IRS find out about it? The organization can’t turn you in as you would have to take the hunt and receive the trophy home to obtain the value.
Philip

Without your SSN, I'm not sure how you could get a W-9 for this. But we all know the IRS plays by its own set of rules, and will make them up as they go if they need to.

I'm looking into it. I know we are a 501 3c charitable organization and we bought the hunt. I will get a definitive answer.

Interesting......Never thought of that.

Sounds like a great opportunity except that it is in Mexico. What regulations need to be followed so the winner doesn't end up losing his rifle to the federales?

I bought my ticket, thanks for sharing. This will be an amazing experience for the winner.

Sounds like a great opportunity except that it is in Mexico. What regulations need to be followed so the winner doesn't end up losing his rifle to the federales?
I have hunted Mexico a lot and never lost anything.same as hunting anywhere, follow the rules and have your papers in order, no worries. Once you get away from the border towns, you will be hard pressed to find a kinder group of people. It is truly a wonderful place to hunt. If memory serves me correctly this outfitter hunts within rifle range of the border for sheep, essentially hunting the same mountain ranges shared with New Mexico and Arizona. They may hunt deeper south but I have a buddy that hunted with them a stones throw from the border.

From my understanding there is a permit you get beforehand, and you need a 4457. I have a buddy who has gone with then quite a few times for coues deer and has never mention having a problem.

Attachments

• notice_1340.pdf
    90.1 KB · Views: 628
I believe I would have to use the old I gave at the office to the IRS

So heard back from the CPA on Friday:

"Gaming that is carried on regularly would be taxable on a 990-T.. but if it is conducted “only at an annual fundraising event,” it is exempted per IRS pub 3079."

So no taxes, hopefully this helps.

Bought one....can't let Cody have all the fun

Bought one....can't let Cody have all the fun
I could die happy with a Desert Bighorn under my belt! My dream animal, if I had the choice to hunt one final time it would be a beautiful ram in the desert I love!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg