AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
Well, I'm off to New Zealand on Monday, my 2nd trip. First one was May 2015.

By priority, Wallaby, Tahr, Chamois are target species. Rabbits, Quail and Paradise Ducks just for fun.

My Tahr from 2015 was 12 1/2 yrs. (which is a feather in the hat), petite, skinny and not worthy of a full mount ( I did a shoulder) and I want to replace it. Wallaby I was not able to hunt because a heavy snow came in overnight and closed the pass thru the mountain at the end of my trip.

Tahr will be from a mountain cabin this time. Last time we helicoptered into the mountains and set up spike camp and climbed the drainage 1 1/2 hrs. to get to the Tahr. Now we traverse the mountains by vehicle and foot, find the Tahr (I'm looking for a specific color) and climb to him.

Wallaby is a special 2 day hunt. We travel over the mountain, hunt for a trophy Wallaby (I'll do a full mount), then cull some (kinda like prairie dog shoot) for they are plentiful. Return to lodge and continue the hunt for the other species.

Chamois will be heli into the mountains, find a good one, jump off the heli onto the mountain and hunt down to the Chamois.

I'll return June 1. Hunt report and pics will follow when fires are out in taxidermy studio.

Then it's walleye time!

Awesome have a blast!

Thanks fellas.

Wish you the best of luck !

Good luck and shoot straight.

Safe travels and good luck.

Buckle up well in that damned helicopter - they are like bumble bees - they just shouldn't be able to fly! :( And have a great hunt. Look forward to reading about it.

Have a great time!

Wow! Sounds like it'll be a great experience. Love the helo part. Good luck and good shooting!

Have a great trip!

Good luck sir!

Sounds like you've got everything all planned out. One question though, why no Red Stag on the menu? I was of the opinion that hunts for them could be pretty reasonable.

Safe travels, and look forward to pics and a report!

I loved NZ! Can’t wait to read your report and see pictures! Best of luck!

Looking forward to this one..........I've got something in the works for NZ in 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.