Department of Interior Making Moves To Protect Hunting, Wildlife

robertq

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Life member of DSC, SCI, NRA, Rocky Mt Elk Foundation, American Hunter, Buck Masters & Ruffed Grouse Society
Hunted
Russia, Argentina, Canada & South Africa
good.jpg

U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke recently illustrated his commitment to preserving hunting heritage for generations to come. He declared his pursuit of expanding access to hunting and fishing as one of his top priorities. By increasing opportunities for families to enjoy public waters and lands, Zinke believes he is also maximizing the opportunity to pass down the legacy of hunting.

This proposal increases access to hunting and fishing in nine National Wildlife Refuges in Georgia, South Carolina, Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon and Wisconsin. The public comment period for information pertaining to the proposed rule is open until early September.

U.S. Deputy Secretary of the Interior David Bernhardt announced more than $48 million in federal funding to go to state wildlife agencies through the State Wildlife Grant Program. With this program, the funding will go to support species and their habitats as outlined in state wildlife action plans. The plans include projects involving everything from general research and monitoring to wildlife surveys and habitat management.

The Deputy Secretary also announced that more than $4 million of federal funds will go to Native American and Alaska Native tribes in 14 states to support fish and wildlife conservation and key partnerships through the Tribal Wildlife Grant (TWG) program.

For an example of projects in the TWG program, the Tesuque Pueblo will receive nearly $200,000 for its Mule Deer Management and Habitat Enhancement Program in New Mexico.

Source: Dalas Safari Club News Center

Is there any move to relax the draconian regulations for the importation of hunting trophies?

Fred,
Even though we have a hunter in the office of the Secretary of Interior, he is surrounded by the antis that put the brake on a lot of projects.....
Hopefully in the near future, things will change....

Fred,
Even though we have a hunter in the office of the Secretary of Interior, he is surrounded by the antis that put the brake on a lot of projects.....
Hopefully in the near future, things will change....
Thank you Robert. I'll be in touch next year to make the necessary arraignment for you to handle my Namibia Leopard Hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred, that's the hard part ..... waiting a year to go hunting....... The best Robert

Not the biggest fan of the man in office, but he's picked some good people to head up several departments. I'm sure Secretary Zinke will continue to pay dividends to the outdoors community.

Now he just has to get the rest of the departments to stop creating restrictive (import) regulations that impede legal hunters.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Robert. I'll be in touch next year to make the necessary arraignment for you to handle my Namibia Leopard Hunt.
...enjoy the planning process...it forms a huge FUN part of the safari!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross