LegalEagle

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
My brother-in-law and I went on our first trip in the summer of 2018. As most we were super excited and we decided to use Dennis for our taxidermy. As I'm sure most of us know, Dennis nearly died and some of us have had issues ever since with our work that was in his hands.

We were no exception. Communication was difficult following his medical issues and we honestly weren't sure what was going to happen with our hides and horns. We discussed and were tempted to drive to Michigan and retrieve our animals and start from scratch. We were tempted to pursue legal action to recover our animals.

Dennis did begin responding, though infrequently at times, and assured us that he was working on our mounts. We found the patience and stuck with Dennis. Over the last few months Dennis has been increasingly responsive and I'm happy to say that I received my delivery yesterday and could not be more pleased. I'm really happy that we were patient and stuck it out and I really feel for the position that Dennis has been put in. I completely understand the frustration of those who have animals with him still, trust me, but I would encourage some grace. I don't think many of us realize exactly the cards that Dennis has been dealt. In the end we have been treated right, and his work is exceptional still.

For those of you that have animals with Dennis, I would encourage you to reach out and be patient. I can personally attest that some of the concerns and rumors are unfounded. He is working and still pushing out great work.
20220817_174103.jpg
20220817_174359.jpg
20220817_175120.jpg
20220817_180417.jpg
20220817_233734.jpg
20220817_233807.jpg

Glad you got your stuff and that you are happy with the result.

I've had one ONE piece with Denis since Oct 2016 ! Glad to see you got your 6+ animals from 2018 back but his quality has dropped from where it once was and it is obvious with his finisher Jaime gone, the expectational finish work is the most obvious drop.

What form of communication did you find worked?

I am glad you got your stuff and very happy you are satisfied! I would advise caution on passing judgement on other people who have dealt with Dennis! Opinions may differ!

Buck Wild...text message or telephone was the method of communication.

I know others have had even longer waits and worse experience than us. I also know that in talking with Dennis personally, the truth and extent of what has transpired isn't known by the people that are talking about it. I'm by no means saying people don't have the right to be upset, and lack of communication is certainly a problem that isn't excusable, but what I have seen is a number of members casting stones when they don't know the truth of what they are talking about in certain circumstances.

I can tell you for certain that those pictures I posted are terrible quality from my cell phone. The detail on the mounts is unreal and isn't represented on the pictures.

I have no dog in this fight, but... Castigating folks for throwing stones because they don't know what's going on? Um, they don't know what's going on because he won't tell them, or so I gather from the many threads this topic has generated. No, it seems to me the ball has always been in his court. I am glad you got your stuff. I am glad you are happy with it. But even a modicum of communications and many of these threads never get created.

My brother-in-law and I went on our first trip in the summer of 2018. As most we were super excited and we decided to use Dennis for our taxidermy. As I'm sure most of us know, Dennis nearly died and some of us have had issues ever since with our work that was in his hands.

We were no exception. Communication was difficult following his medical issues and we honestly weren't sure what was going to happen with our hides and horns. We discussed and were tempted to drive to Michigan and retrieve our animals and start from scratch. We were tempted to pursue legal action to recover our animals.

Dennis did begin responding, though infrequently at times, and assured us that he was working on our mounts. We found the patience and stuck with Dennis. Over the last few months Dennis has been increasingly responsive and I'm happy to say that I received my delivery yesterday and could not be more pleased. I'm really happy that we were patient and stuck it out and I really feel for the position that Dennis has been put in. I completely understand the frustration of those who have animals with him still, trust me, but I would encourage some grace. I don't think many of us realize exactly the cards that Dennis has been dealt. In the end we have been treated right, and his work is exceptional still.

For those of you that have animals with Dennis, I would encourage you to reach out and be patient. I can personally attest that some of the concerns and rumors are unfounded. He is working and still pushing out great work.View attachment 483724View attachment 483725View attachment 483726View attachment 483727View attachment 483728View attachment 483729

Glad you got your work completed. My compliments especially on the wildebeest euro mount floor pedestal (unique and very tasteful) and the work on the waterbuck which looks especially well posed.

Enjoy!

I know exactly what I am talking about! Dennis lied to me time and time again and while I know
he has been through a lot you cannot gloss that over! I do not appreciate being disparaged because
someone thinks they know everyone's situation!!!

And now we have two same furious threads....

I just wish I knew where the wood plaque and other wood bases i and others had disappear went!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross