Delta row 29 or different

buckmarkhunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi guys, I am booking my tickets on delta going Atl to Joburg. They have me in row 29 now but I can change my seats. I read diff reviews of how some people like it and some want diff seat. I’m 6’3” tall. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 7.03.17 PM.png

Guess that depends which seat!

You have more leg space on row 29 on a Delta 777 than any row behind you. I flew in that row last year. The only concern you may have is that the center bulkhead has a connection to hook a baby bed into. This is for newborns up to maybe 18 months is my guess. Around 2002 I flew from Athens Greece to NYC near this bulkhead, (there were no extended legroom seats at that time without going up to business class). Infant size baby cried nearly the entire way. To my knowledge there is no way to know ahead of time unless maybe it's your baby. FYI, I have crossed the Atlantic 72 times, and that is the only time it has happen to me.

That’s the row I go for. I prefer aisle seats but that is personal preference.

By the way, if you want a great meal before the flight, Ecco in terminal F is outstanding. We eat there so we can go right to sleep when we get on the flight.

I'd definitely stay in row 29. I had 29J last year and while there being a nonfunctional window to look out of, the leg room more than made up for it. Besides, what can you look at during the night or flying over the ocean? Only time I was anxious to look out was when we were close to landing and I knew we were over the African continent. You can get out of your seat without touching or disturbing anyone next to you.

My son was in row 29 a couple of years ago. I think seat C. He was very happy and he told me a tall guy was in seat A and very happy!
Good luck.

Depends on how big you are. I am 6ft 1 in but weigh in around 345. Seats are comfortable but. Tray is in armrest and makes seat a little narrower. Also tv is in arm rest. It was uncomfortable for me in 29f on way over this year and I changed seats to row 30 for trip back and it was way better for me. Booking row 30 or 31 isle seats for trip next year

Center aisle, seats D or F are actually the best, in my opinion. Fewer people to climb over you.

By the way, if you want a great meal before the flight, Ecco in terminal F is outstanding. We eat there so we can go right to sleep when we get on the flight.

+1 Outstanding place. When my wife and I were travelling back to Lagos, Nigeria, where we lived for 6 years, we'd eat at Ecco and then get on the Delta flight and go to sleep right after takeoff. I had never had grilled romaine salad before until trying it at Ecco and it is incredible.

All the 29s are better than any regular coach seat and there is enough room between seats and bulkhead to get by even if not an aisle seat. There are also some comfort economies back about mid-ship near the crossover and lavatories that have lots of leg room but you'll get disturbed by folks waiting for a lavatory or off-gassing :)
On your map, 29G and 29C are slightly off set into the aisle between 1st class and coach so you'll get continually bumped by flight attendants passing between cabins. just my $.02

Hi guys, I am booking my tickets on delta going Atl to Joburg. They have me in row 29 now but I can change my seats. I read diff reviews of how some people like it and some want diff seat. I’m 6’3” tall. Just looking for opinions. Thanks
29 Comfort Plus is my choice(shhh don’t tell anybody or it’ll get booked up!)
DL 200 for many of us though expensive is just the best option and the Comfort plus seating helps a bunch.
Regards,
Philip

What kind of food is served there? Thanks.
Philip

I just read an article about Delta going to a redesign of their entire 777-200 fleet in the future. They will be adding a premium select feature which from everything I can see is basically a first class domestic seat. They are getting rid of the economy comfort plus seats. There are some video reviews of the seating arraignments for the A350 planes that have the same seating. It looks nice. One thing that always bugged me when buying the comfort plus seating was getting the same nasty food that's served to everyone in coach. That will be going away as it looks like you will finally get an upgraded experience for the extra leg room costs. Hopefully this doesn't make the cost of these seats get astronomically high.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/05/deltas-new-777-arrangement/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 9.23.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-14 at 9.23.49 AM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I have enjoyed several of the row 29 seats. Being old and needing a rest room a lot the aisles work better. But if you can sleep, the window sides work best because you can lean on them.
I do believe my favorite though is as someone mentioned earlier the window seat at the bathroom and emergency exit.
I cheat somewhat though since I’m only 5’8” and 155 lbs.:)

My wife and I have had that row with seats e and f one time . Loved that spot. Have been to africa 2 times since and can't book them . They are always taken.
We always book our air 11 months in advance. Just can't get them again. :(

Row 29? Prepare to be bumped to another seat. BTDT and so have many others. Delta doesn't guarantee you a seat only the ride . I've flown my last Delta flight to Africa or anywhere else. Next time it's Qatar or Emirates to Africa. Besides the 777 fleet to Joburg is 16 years old and in severe need of a new interior including seats. Don't forget to bring a cushion and if you are lucky enough to get the 29 row, don't sit on either fuselage side, the bulkhead is further back and there isn't the same amount of room as the middle row.

My advice? Take Emirates or Qatar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,