Delta flight 200 ATL-JNB

redassnavajo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Any feedback on flight 200? Wheels up in 55 days so first time on the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB. How is the food service? 2005 I took Delta ,2014 United . United had way better service but 9 yrs difference. thanks in advance.

Went on this flight July 2015 and it was much better than United in 2013. Free single malt scotch may have had something to do with how nice the flight went.;)

Ann and I will be on that flight in September. Let us know how it is for you. We booked aisle and window seats. Crossing fingers no one books the middle seat in our row!

John

I fly cattle class on flight 200 and the food is better than most. the staff are attentive and keep you well fed and more importantly hydrated which is essential for a 16hr flight. Being old I book an isle seat and one close to the head. I wouldn't think about flying with the other airlines. A member here Cliffy is a former pilot and the Delta flight is his choice. My $0.02​

My Brother and my son will be flying there in beginning of March and returning on Delta 201. I will let you know. This is our first African hunt. We are extremely excited.

We flew flight 200 in August. Service was good. Meals and snacks served frequently. Hard to be comfortable for 14 hours but Delta can't fix that issue. Checked bags and guns arrived with no problem every leg of the trip.

I flew it in May of 2014..... It was really good. Going is easier than returning.... Probably a mindset. Great route to JNB. However, this time I am trying Emirates.

Any feedback on flight 200? Wheels up in 55 days so first time on the direct flight from Atlanta to JNB. How is the food service? 2005 I took Delta ,2014 United . United had way better service but 9 yrs difference. thanks in advance.

Redass,
I have taken this flight, business class, three times and will take it again this year! August 2015 my son went with me and I upgraded his coach to Delta Comfort! He enjoyed a little extra leg room and all the drinks he wanted and frankly he was happy. Food is great on the flight and the plane, a Boeing 777, is a great ride at anywhere from 36,000 to 40,000 feet up over the Atlantic. If you get a good tailwind you may arrive at OR Tambo a whole hour early like I did in 2014, so make sure you have a number to call your outfitter.
Flight 201 will bring you home to Atlanta just as easy as your flight over!
image.jpg

Have a great trip! You depart at 7:11 PM ET! You have 14 hours to dream if Africa! Have a great trip.

Reactions: BWH
Ditto all that.

I'm on that flight April 27th!!! Based on past experience with another airline, going direct is and will be my future choice, versus having to stop coming back in Dakar or somewhere in Europe. I'd assume get home as direct as possible, like BWH said, coming back is harder than going

I have done the 200/201 route twice--2012 in April and 2014 in June.
Flight was comfortable and we had economy comfort 3 of 4 flights. We had no complaints. Decent food, friendly staff and direct to Jo-berg seems to be the best way to go!!
Return trip is harder but so is sitting for 15 hours!!!

Yep the only complaint is having to board 201 to come home! When you do you are already thinking about coming back to Africa. Reedy your countdown is ticking away!

What airport will you be originating your flight from?

It's nice flight, probably the best option for me to get to Africa. No problems.

I have done the 200/201 route twice--2012 in April and 2014 in June.
Flight was comfortable and we had economy comfort 3 of 4 flights. We had no complaints. Decent food, friendly staff and direct to Jo-berg seems to be the best way to go!!
Return trip is harder but so is sitting for 15 hours!!!

I took economy comfort in 2014 $80 each way and refused last year at $200. I really didn't find a great deal of difference other than the earlier boarding

If took this flight in September and will do so again in March. Comfort economy was pretty good. Service and food OK. I'm weird and just don't eat airline food anymore. I find a restaurant in the airport and try to have a good meal before the flight and then grab a couple snickers bars and off I go! I will partake of a few adult beverages whether they be from TN or KY. Put on the Bose noise cancelling headphones (A MUST HAVE) and watch a few movies to pass the time.
Regards,
Philip

I took economy comfort in 2014 $80 each way and refused last year at $200. I really didn't find a great deal of difference other than the earlier boarding
How tall are you? Just asking because I'm 6'2" and comfort economy was a blessing for me.
Philip

How tall are you? Just asking because I'm 6'2" and comfort economy was a blessing for me.
Philip

I'm 5'9 which explains why EC was a godsend for you and didn't make much difference for me. Still hiking the rates that much in a year is bordering on criminal

Hell I'm 5'8ish..... and I still want/need all the room I can get.

I'm 5'9 which explains why EC was a godsend for you and didn't make much difference for me. Still hiking the rates that much in a year is bordering on criminal
I agree. Its about $400 total to go EC for my trip. However I will say this, It kinds makes you feel like you are in business class. Just a little special treatment on two grueling 15 hour flights helps me!
Regards,
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tope

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!