Delta ban on Trophies

Shit will truly hit fan when they say no to guns, weapons, ammo..... Until then.... This is all for publicity. When they do that.... That is line in sand..... Look forward to crossing.

Hope all your paperwork is in order so as to please FWS. They are looking for trouble these days.

Everything is good to go as far as paperwork. I watched your thread and checked and double checked that everything was in order.

Sad day to be a sportsman but I shipped Lion and bunch stuff by ship so looks like back to that again, unless we can get them to back up better keep SCI, NRA and the rest dues current/ we need a large collective voice to be heard over the drum of the left and the anti's

I'd like to hear from the boots on the ground in RSA..... What's going on, what's the sentiment, etc..... How we will be greeted upon landing? Protest, Tomatoes, rioting, thievery, etc...

I have an idea. Would it be possible for all the big safari organizations to pull their resources to make an airline by hunters for hunters that won't cave in just because of a bad hair day? It may be a pipe dream but who knows in this day and age.

I'm not sure a membership with SCI these days is worth a damn...ask Dr Palmer. They suspended him without even a 'thank you ma'am'. They act like they only want your money until you need them. At least a "lady of the evening" offers something in return (so I am told)

At least a "lady of the evening" offers something in return (so I am told)
Im sure that the "something in return" is something you'd wanna get looked at by your doctor.

I'm not sure a membership with SCI these days is worth a damn...ask Dr Palmer. They suspended him without even a 'thank you ma'am'. They act like they only want your money until you need them. At least a "lady of the evening" offers something in return (so I am told)

Good point ugh need a another beer

I wrote to Delta earlier this year when SAA said that they were banning imports of hunting trophies, and I wrote directly to the president of the company. I got an email back one of his assistants assuring me that Delta had no intention of banning shipments of legally hunted trophies and that that they considered hunters and important part of their clientel........unfortunately, I didn't bother to save the emails, or I would have posted them here. I figured "All right!!! Here is a a president with balls!!!! He isn't going to cave to a bunch of lying, misinforming bastards!"

What a crock!!!!.........guess his balls are made out of ping pong balls, the way they bounce back and forth on the subject. Whomever said "spineless maggots" sure hit the nail on the head.....

I don't fly that often, but I do fly out of Detroit Metro when I do, and it's a Delta hub.......you can bet the next time I need to fly out for a conference or meeting, or vacation, I will be flying another airline. As long as I can afford to do so, I will pay extra to NOT fly Delta......I'm sure that they don't give a damn, but that's the only way I can make my disgust with these backstabbing bastards known....with my pocket book. See how long the anti's will support them when they start flying shipments of leather goods, medicines that have been made with animal research, meat products, etc., etc. Screw 'em!!!

Delta as a convenient way to get to Johannesburg, but there ARE other options, and I will be exploring them on my next trip................

It seems Ivan Carter flies with Delta for all of his trips. Maybe that is how sportsman can leverage this. High profile guy like that.

Eva Shockey was just slamming Delta a week ago on FB regarding their service. Maybe more high profile people need to get in this game....

It seems Ivan Carter flies with Delta for all of his trips. Maybe that is how sportsman can leverage this. High profile guy like that.

Eva Shockey was just slamming Delta a week ago on FB regarding their service. Maybe more high profile people need to get in this game....
I agree, but they will only listen to dollars. One customer at a time, but our own organizations need to put a boycott out. SCI, NRA, DSC, all of them at the same time. Thats all they will listen to.

sucks for me... I was expecting a crate soon through delta... looks like they will have to find another way. =(

@BWH , you have nothing to worry about when landing in Africa.

I don't fly that often, but I do fly out of Detroit Metro when I do, and it's a Delta hub.......you can bet the next time I need to fly out for a conference or meeting, or vacation, I will be flying another airline. As long as I can afford to do so, I will pay extra to NOT fly Delta......I'm sure that they don't give a damn, but that's the only way I can make my disgust with these backstabbing bastards known....with my pocket book. See how long the anti's will support them when they start flying shipments of leather goods, medicines that have been made with animal research, meat products, etc., etc. Screw 'em!!!

Delta as a convenient way to get to Johannesburg, but there ARE other options, and I will be exploring them on my next trip................

I wrote Delta and told them the same thing. I told them I was planning on using them for my next trip to Africa but I won't be using them even if inconveniences me and costs me more. The same for goes for my domestic travel which I do at least 4 times a year. I told them I am doing this because I don't appreciate being treated as if I am a criminal because I hunt. If enough of hunters do this I think it will make a difference.

I looked at Delta's FB page last night. Every comment on the ban on trophy shipments was kissing Delta's ass for the decision. It's amazing, though not surprising how ruthless many of those SOBs are. I'm guessing Delta is suppressing opposing views from hunters. My response never made it.

I have 9 trophies that were just packed and crated to be shipped any day. I don't know if they're coming via Delta but I'm praying all goes well. The world is upside down in so many regards nowadays! Lord help us.......

I appreciate everyone's frustration with SCI or DSC or whomever, but we are talking a major corporation when we speak of Delta. They fly something like 170 million passengers per year. SCI has a membership of what? Maybe 60,000. One of these twitter riots touches 10's of millions of "Cecil lovers." One of the tactics in the most recent wave was to call out Delta for enabling these evil trophy hunters.
If 10% of the mob decide to fly somewhere else, that is a meaningful blow to the bottom line. If half of the SCI membership boycotts - well so what? When the bricks quit flying, SCI will reach out to Delta and maybe some reasonable dialogue from them and individual hunters/outfitters pointing out meaningful potential lost revenue will have an effect. Right now they are running scared.

Last edited:
So now who are you going to fly, with AA and UA now also banning trophy's.

Freight forwarders out of South Africa could organize a large shipment to the US thru a Charter carrier, may be more cost effective than commercial airline, just a thought. Schedule a shipment on a logistically required timeframe as needed. Once a month, twice a month or whenever. Container shipping of trophies by sea is handled this way, Crates are accumulated to fill the container, I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!