Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA, SCI
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME
Saw this while reading the in flight magazine traveling this weekend. It doesn’t seem so much different than what they have been doing really. Change for the sake of change!

Won’t help reducing the clog of humanity at the boarding gate trying to be one of the first of their respective groups/zones to board as they fear there won’t be room for all the oversized carry-on bags people now lug aboard.

This is a direct effect of charging for checked bags and airlines are making a ton of money from this charge.

I’m platinum and gold status on multiple airlines and I’m just amazed when early boarders put small backpacks and bags in the overhead instead of under the seat in front of them.

Everybody is in it for themselves and the heck with anbody else, sad.

On the other hand where do we put our feet if we stuff everything under the seat in front of us?;)o_O:eek: I don't take much on the plane with me, but what I do bring goes overhead. It does drive me nuts to see folks bringing on bags obviously over the carry on size limit, plus a suit on hangers, purses, laptops, lunch, gifts in several bags etc. etc. Make a me crazy!:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek: I think it was last time out, my boy and I were one row back from the door aisle row, where a couple of guys were parked with their feet out, shoes off with all the legroom in the world. Nice for some, but the guy ahead of me had shoved his shoes back into the space under his seat where my feet should be!:mad: No way! I politely reminded him of all the legroom he had and how little we had:(. He moved his shoes.:D

I also hate to carry on much and it irritates me to see them with oversized bags.

It looks like this change may actually help me a bit. The Comfort+ is moved up a bit in the boarding order. It will be May before I find out for sure.
Too bad we have to wait another year for the new Premium Economy to be put into DL 200/201. I will be very interested to see this new product and how good it really is. As for me I’ll buy a business class ticket from time to time but on DL200 it’s $10,000! I’m out.
Regards,
Philip

Last week on DL200 they did the loading based on facial recognition. Had us open up Passport to blank page to show we had a spot for Visa and then had to look at camera. They printed a receipt with seat information. Order of boarding was - 1 - folks that needed more time - handicapped and families, 2 - Military, 3 - Premium, 4 - Sky, etc. The facial recognition slowed it down a little, but I think long term as people get used to it may speed up the boarding. They had 2 cameras to do this. Interesting...

How exactly is that supposed to make it better?

Last week on DL200 they did the loading based on facial recognition. Had us open up Passport to blank page to show we had a spot for Visa and then had to look at camera. They printed a receipt with seat information. Order of boarding was - 1 - folks that needed more time - handicapped and families, 2 - Military, 3 - Premium, 4 - Sky, etc. The facial recognition slowed it down a little, but I think long term as people get used to it may speed up the boarding. They had 2 cameras to do this. Interesting...

We had facial recognition on our DL200 back in late August, but all the other hunters in camp somehow didn't have to do it on the DL200. It was very interesting, and I googled about it once we were in flight.
In all honesty I was shocked at the speed that flight boards, when much smaller flights seem to take just as long if not longer sometimes.

And y'all can stink eye me all day long :E Sun:, I'm carrying my rolling carry on (it's within size parameters), and a backpack on the plane because I like all my stuff and I don't want it getting lost. I am at least courteous enough to put the backpack under the seat in front of me (mainly due to my short legs, so I have somewhere to put my feet).

New Delta loading, first class will have green boarding passes.

In all honesty I was shocked at the speed that flight boards, when much smaller flights seem to take just as long if not longer sometimes.

You don't find too many miracle flights that are sixteen hours. :ROFLMAO:

I travel to South America a few times each year to hunt doves and pigeons. And I hate to be a sexist.....but females get on the planes with many times the allowed baggage. It would not surprise me to see a refrigerator or a gun safe carried on. I only bring a small day pack. And I want it in the overhead. But the girl bringing a purse, neck pillow, bag of goodies, stuffed panda, and a rollerboard, usually claims that spot. The attendant takes my bag out of the overhead, and asks me to put it by my feet. Seem fair?.....FWB

Boarding airlines is a royal pain in the ass. Last time I flew I missed the connection home because of how they boarded. From my perspective on things it would go a LOT faster loading not by who needs what help but rather loading the last row first on up through the first row. Takes out a whole crap ton of "excuse me, coming through" moments.

Only way to bypass the bus with wings is your own or a charter. "Time to spare, take to the air". ;)

From my perspective on things it would go a LOT faster loading not by who needs what help but rather loading the last row first on up through the first row. Takes out a whole crap ton of "excuse me, coming through" moments.
This times 1000! But then the first class folks couldn't have pre flight drinks and stare at the rest of us peasants. In all honesty if I knew I had bin space, and I wouldn't have to argue with someone about my seat, I would totally volunteer to be last on the plane.

This most likely isn't true for hunters going to Africa but with baggage fees on many domestic flights, fliers are going with carry-on bags only. Bypass the carousels and no chance of lost luggage. As far as slow boarding, jump on a southbound flight to Florida in the winter, twenty wheelchairs, a dozen service dogs, several newbies and people with oversize carry-ons arguing with the gate agent and you wonder if you'll ever get out of the gate, let alone get off the ground.

The last time I traveled from PBI to PHL, I sat waaay back near the galley. After landing and we made it to the gate, the aft door was opened and an obnoxious, jackass passenger said aloud, "Oh, we can use the back door too"? After listening to his loud mouth over my headset for the last three hours and always willing to help someone learn life's lessons, I whispered to him "Sure, you can get off faster that way. Go ahead". Much to my chagrin, a flight attendant stopped him. Would have been interesting to see the goat rope with him getting grabbed by security and hauled off to the interrogation room.
Don't know if it's age or what but there seems to be an ever increasing number of people who are either dumb, naive, lacking common sense or a day short of being admitted to a mental institution.
We now return you to our regular programming.

On the other hand where do we put our feet if we stuff everything under the seat in front of us?;)o_O:eek: I don't take much on the plane with me, but what I do bring goes overhead. It does drive me nuts to see folks bringing on bags obviously over the carry on size limit, plus a suit on hangers, purses, laptops, lunch, gifts in several bags etc. etc. Make a me crazy!:confused::confused::confused::eek::eek: I think it was last time out, my boy and I were one row back from the door aisle row, where a couple of guys were parked with their feet out, shoes off with all the legroom in the world. Nice for some, but the guy ahead of me had shoved his shoes back into the space under his seat where my feet should be!:mad: No way! I politely reminded him of all the legroom he had and how little we had:(. He moved his shoes.:D
Yeah I can never put anything under the seat in front of me with a 35" inseam! I also am not afraid to check a bag. So many people bring all their crap onboard instead of checking a bag! Cheapskates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg