Deer Ridiculous

TheSayHeyKid

AH senior member
Reaction score
Oh...also...anyone wanting to take up the hard life. We'll be toppin' tobacco out in Utica, WI this weekend. It's laborious hard work with no appreciation whatsoever...BUT YOU GET TO HUNT THE PRIME SPOTS and are allowed to hang the Norwegian flag on your porch.

UticaWiAug3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Oh...also...anyone wanting to take up the hard life. We'll be toppin' tobacco out in Utica, WI this weekend. It's laborious hard work with no appreciation whatsoever...BUT YOU GET TO HUNT THE PRIME SPOTS and are allowed to hang the Norwegian flag on your porch.

View attachment 480903

I hated priming. I hung kill in the old houses. A little dangerous, but you don’t get slapped in the face with wet tobacco leaves in the morning, eyes burning, ass hurting!

C.W. Richter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
PA SCI, Various Endless Mtns., PA Region Clubs
Hunted
Zimbabwe 3x, Namibia 2x, RSA 2x, USA, Canada
Yes. He will retire oneday (to places Warmer-like PA where it only gets to be -14F for a day or so) and I'll be sorry.

C.W. Richter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Now axis is something I’d love to hunt!
they are without doubt the BEST tasting deer meat, too! much of the commercial venison is either axis (typ does) or red stag.

C.W. Richter

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Correction. American hunters can hunt big game on First Nation land through them.
i was going to say....lol Yes. it's not cheap.

JMM

AH senior member
Reaction score
Counterpoint: I guide for ranches in West Texas every fall as a hobby. I have been doing this for 20 years. They are all high fenced, multi-thousand acre ranches. The ranches do limited hunts, are sold out in advance and are very desirable to a certain crowd. The typical hunter is a wealthy executive/doctor/lawyer/oil guy who loves the outdoors, hunted as a kid and now has very little time. A four day hunt with us will get to see a lot of animals, sit by the fire and socialize with different people, talk about guns, reloading and different adventures around the world. They can hunt as hard as they want. We can stalk ridges, rattle, set up in a CRP pasture or sit in a comfy blind and see what comes in. For the most part, they pick sitting in a blind and watching the animals. They seem to enjoy the relaxation and good food/wine as much as anything. They spend anywhere from $5500 to $30,000 for a 4 day hunt. I doubt any of them are posters on AH or AR, but they have all been very nice men/women who just do not have much time and would like a good experience.

buck wild

Bronze supporter
AH elite
Reaction score
Website
www.huntencino.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI Brush Country Chapter
Hunted
Kalahari; Limpopo; Omay, Zimbabwe; Mexico; Texas; New Mexico; Colorado
Counterpoint: I guide for ranches in West Texas every fall as a hobby. I have been doing this for 20 years. They are all high fenced, multi-thousand acre ranches. The ranches do limited hunts, are sold out in advance and are very desirable to a certain crowd. The typical hunter is a wealthy executive/doctor/lawyer/oil guy who loves the outdoors, hunted as a kid and now has very little time. A four day hunt with us will get to see a lot of animals, sit by the fire and socialize with different people, talk about guns, reloading and different adventures around the world. They can hunt as hard as they want. We can stalk ridges, rattle, set up in a CRP pasture or sit in a comfy blind and see what comes in. For the most part, they pick sitting in a blind and watching the animals. They seem to enjoy the relaxation and good food/wine as much as anything. They spend anywhere from $5500 to $30,000 for a 4 day hunt. I doubt any of them are posters on AH or AR, but they have all been very nice men/women who just do not have much time and would like a good experience.
You mean it's not free just for the asking ? :ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
500 Nitro Express

Latest profile posts

geoff rath wrote on Von Gruff's profile.
G'day, Von Gruff; Could you give me an idea on your Bearded Chef Knife, as per your posted photos, delivered to Australia? I'd like to reward a good mate (excellent amateur chef) who has done me big favours in the past. Cheers, Geoff Rath
Tokoloshe Safaris wrote on TERMINATOR's profile.
I just received a forwarded e-mail from you, concerning our Web Site. We just finished a leopard hunt yesterday. While on the hunt my wife mentioned to me that she had finally had it with the person that was maintaining the site and that she was going to get someone else to maintain the site.

If the site is not active you can contact me thru the AH forum.

Cheers, Lon Denney
Tokoloshe Safaris,
Zimbabwe
Bwana Man wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Interested in the
  • JP Sauer 90 Luxus .375 H&H West German with EAW swing mounts and Varix III 2.5-8x40 scope (Euro Model hand rubbed oil, express sights) 99.9%
yamoon wrote on C.W. Richter's profile.
Hello
The book is still available, I will consider it sold. Personal check is fine. Send me your address.
Thanks
Michael
[redacted]
Mark Audino wrote on ryno111's profile.
Hi Ryan,
Did this note come to you as a private message?
Thanks,
Mark